• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. H

Marriage lookup - William Bayley and Esther Giles, Darleston.

Hello I don't know if any one can help? - I can't find anything on IGI. I'm looking for a marriage between William Bayley b 1813-4, West Brom and Esther Giles b 1813-4, Darleston. Their oldest son (according to 1841 census) was born in 1838, so that should put their marriage anywhere between...
  2. H

Tangyes of Smethwick

My grandfather was under the impression that his grandfather, James Mountford, worked for Tangyes as a engineer. The 1871 census shows that he was an engineer machinist employing 2 men and a boy. Does any one know if there is any way I could check past employees of tangyes?
  3. H

St Martins look up for Louisa Jones 1840

Hello I would be extreeeeeemly grateful if someone could look up the following for me:- Louisa Jones born 1840 - IGI shows a Louisa Jones born 21 Jan 1840 christened 2 March 1840 at St Martins. Her father is William Jones, a tool maker. 1841 census has Louisa, daughter of William Jones, a tool...
Back