• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. T

Black Grapes Black Grave/Greve/Greaves

Thanks very much I think that is the answer. It looked like Black Grapes, but described themselves as a farmer, so that makes sense. I made an assumption, based on too many publicans in the family tree. Thanks for your help
  2. T

Thanks for response. I just wondered if Coach and Horses, Weatheroak, was previously The Black Grapes, I have connections with both of these addresses and I am trying to confirm, if this was the case. or was The Black Grapes another pub in Weatheroak. I was hoping a bit of local knowledge may be...
  3. T

Hello I wonder if someone can help. Looking through 1861 Census for Wythall I came across an address 90 Black Grapes, shortly after Weatheroak Hill. I have surname connections with Martin at this address and also Coach and Horses Weatheroak, on other Census Returns. Was Black Grapes a pub, was...
  4. T

Bsa Factory 1900s - 1930s

Thanks
  5. T

Thanks for the quick reply, I think that is the conclusion I am coming to.
  6. T

I wonder if anyone can help me. My Grandfather worked at BSA at end of WW1. However the strange thing is he appears to have been working for them during WW1, at the same time I have go him as being in the Army with the MGC - Machine Gun Corps. I know that BSA was making Lewis Guns, etc that were...
Back