• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. K

Alexander Betts

Thank you - I will.
  2. K

Alexander Betts

Thanks so much! I have also found the grave of 4-great Sarah Rachel Mewis nee Faux 1793-1875 with the help of Midland Ancestors. Everyone has been so helpful - and this forum is great.
  3. K

Alexander Betts

Thanks Lady Penelope, unfortunately I'll be in Birmingham later on a Saturday, through until Sunday so the office won't be open. I did see the photos you posted of the obelisk. It is big! I also have a plot of my 3great grandmother Emela Catherine Wareing nee Mewis to visit as well (Square 88...
  4. K

Alexander Betts

Thank you for this interesting information. I have an ancestor, Elizabeth Mewis nee Tomlinson (c1755-1830) who was buried at the Old Meeting House and (I'm assuming that) she was re-interred at Witton Cemetery. I am coming to Birmingham at the end of the month and was wondering if you can tell...
Back