• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. B

The Cross Keys Steward Street, Ladywood

hi Julian ,I am the wife of John Green ,grandson of Wattys brother John. I have the family tree on Ancestry,where the bible can be seen. I will send you a PM with my Email. Best regards Busy Lizzie
  2. B

An unidentified object on a disused churchyard

Hi Richard, Thanks for that, I did leave you a p m, i was a little worried that i might have compromised the situation by asking how to reach the grave yard. I can see now I have not. I will go with my family ASAP. As long as it does not flood,lets hope it stops raining. Best regards Lizzie.
  3. B

Book: Birmingham Buses Route by Route 1925-1975

I remember catching the no 11 in Handsworth and going to see my cousin in Barford Road in Ladywood and then i would go on to Bearwood where my sister lived ,that would be about 1964,I was aged 12yrs. :pride: Lizzie
  4. B

Hi, Our family have always enjoyed ,looking at the names of people past on.We have lived in Worcester for thirty years, and often go to the local villages to visit the Church yards.We have never seen one like the photos you have shown. So we would appreciate a visit if you would give us the...
  5. B

Wheeler Harriet

Hi ,Very impressed with Ladylinda, I looked on Ancecestry,They only had electoral rolls for London. Best regards Lizzie
  6. B

Hi, How very interesting, I can give my husband a little pat on the back for guessing it was a rack.:smug:We will have to take a walk round this grave yard, it is not that far from us.Really enjoyed this topic.Lizzie
  7. B

Old street pics..

If only we could take the good things of the 21st century and put them into the past ,how nice it would be, they are lovely photos,and i thank you all for bringing back so many happy memories. Lizzie
  8. B

Hi everyone , I have been looking on the net, there are a few picks of them in Edinburgh , they are the same shape of the coffin, weird things, my daughter who likes horror films says they look like they are made to either keep the vampires in or out. ha ha :mask:
  9. B

Pubs Of The Past

Hi Lovely to see the" New Inns" Holyhead Road Handsworth, My grandad ,dad, and uncle seemed to have spent most of their spare time in there. We lived in Church Terrace Holyhead Road,which was only a short distance away, Lizzie
  10. B

Hi Every one, My hubby thinks its more like a hay rack if you turn it up ,because in his opinion they would have needed one to feed the horses , that would have brought the coffin, and the carriages that carried the poor mourners. Lizzie
  11. B

Pubs Of The Past

Hi AJP, thanks for that, i have just been on the site,its really good on there.Love all the pics. many thanks Lizzie
  12. B

Pubs Of The Past

Hi Every one, I seem to be always asking about pubs ,anyway does any one know or have a pic of the Reservoir Tavern in Eyre St Birmingham I have found it in the 1888 Kelly's Directory of Birmingham,but would love to know more. my husbands Great Great Grandfather used to run it in the 1880's...
  13. B

Old street pics..

Hi every one, just looked at the photo of St Peter's Place and St Martins off Broad Street 1969 , had there use to be a cafe or ice cream Parlour near there in Broad Street.I am nearly sure I used to take my daughters there in the 80's. I think it was called Ninty nine or something like that...
  14. B

Holly Hall Dudley.

Hi Mikejee , That's really kind of you . I could not have found that without you, I have been reading the newspaper reports and it it my g g grandfather, I must admit it has upset me a little bit,because when you work your Family Tree you feel very close to them.I can not thank you enough for...
  15. B

Hi Carolina , thanks, just thought it was brummie slang for something.I can see that now:friendly_wink: lizzie
  16. B

Holly Hall Dudley.

Hi peanut 15, as you seem to know about mines etc. My 2nd G Grandfather named Thomas Cadman was a miner,he died at the age of 33 in 1860 in Dudley. Do you know if there were any mining accidents at about that time. Lizzie
  17. B

Hi Dwilly ,what does awate mean ? I have been on "Oldladywood",I found it very interesting,and read about Watty Green. Best wishes Lizzie
  18. B

No Phil, I did not think you were having ago at me, I thought you were correcting me. I do have the correct spelling on our family tree ,but it was late and it was automatic of me to spell in the Scottish way of spelling Stuart. I also know it is the right pub because it belonged to the...
  19. B

Hi everyone, yes I did spell Steward Street wrong ,very sorry. I am not from the Ladywood area, I am a Brummie ,I'm from Handsworth. Thanks Astonian for sticking up for me.I am probably going to spell this wrong too.Does anyone remember Colourall in Steward Street,alot of my husbands family...
  20. B

Hi Astonia I have read your thread to my husband and he is very chuffed, His grandad was Watty's brother John Green.My husbands father used to take Watty out in his car when Watty was too old to drive.That is how my husband remembers him. He does not know any of Watty's family which is a...
Back