• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. K

Burrows (Sydney )

Hi can anyone help with any information concerning a Sydney Burrows who I believe lived in May Lane, Kingsheath in the 1950's-60's. He was the foreman at a factory but can't remember what it was called unfortunately and had a son called Michael who may have emigrated.I believe Sydney Burrows may...
  2. K

Sydney Burrows (May Lane)

Hi,Does anyone know a Sydney Burrows who lived in May Lane around the 1960's, I think this would be the Maypole area, Hollywood. I know he was the foreman of a factory in Aston so I believe. I think he died from a heart attack whilst driving his car around the year 1968.Any info anyone has would...
  3. K

CW Cheney, Factory Road in Hockley

Hello there, Does anyone remember a Sid Burrows who was the foreman at C W Cheney in Factory Road, Hockley, B'ham. It would have been around late 1950's and early 1960's? If so, does anyone have any photo's, I would love to see them if you have. Many thanks Karen
  4. K

Help with a Death Certificate Sidney Burrows

Hi, Can anyone help with this query please. I am trying to find out about a Sidney/Sydney Burrows who lived in May Lane, Hollywood/Maypole area of Birmingham. I believed he died in 1968 and had a son called Michael. I think he would have been in his sixties when he died? I would really...
  5. K

Colonial Road, Bordesley Green

Does anyone remember the Baldwin family. There was Dolly(Dorothy) Bill or Will, & Ron & Ken their two sons who i think lived at No 33 Colonial Road.
  6. K

Junction of Shaftmoor Lane/Cateswell Road, Hall Green

Does anyone remember what was here before it was a Nursing Home called Pennsparrow? It is now a Neurorehabilitation Centre called Hunters Moor. I was told it used to be a school years ago but no one knows for certain what was here before it became Pennsparrow. Apparently it was shut down due to...
  7. K

Sydney Vernon

Can anyone help with this query please I have been trying to resolve. It is for a Sydney Vernon who I think died in 1968. He was married to Millicent Johnson and had two sons Sydney J Vernon and Ronnie Vernon. Also a daughter but again no trace of when she was born. The death should be...
  8. K

Vernon

Can anyone help with this please. I am trying to trace when a sydney vernon passed away. I have 2 dates of 1964 & 1968. He was married to a mary vernon i believe and had two sons, ronnie & john and a daughter. I am tyrying to trace if anyone knows the whereabouts of his two sons and daughter? He...
Back