• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. wendylee

Cadbury's Bournville Factory

I dont have any information but that is really sad, I do hope you can find out more.
  2. wendylee

RIP MAURICE (sospiri)

I have talked often with Maurice over the last two years and chatted about lots of interesting things, gardening, life in Greece, weather , his love of music and playing in the band, our families and so much more, I feel I knew Maurice although I had never met him, he was a friend and a...
  3. wendylee

Ex Pats and Brummies abroad

Hi Maurice, stay safe, I am thinking of you, thank you for the update Wendy:)
  4. wendylee

Ex Pats and Brummies abroad

Hi Maurice, So glad to hear you are ok except for a spilt coffee and no damage. You had one about the same time of day we had ours in Victoria Australia last week, as I told you it was a 5.9 on the scale and it really rocked our house, I firstly thought there was something wrong with me :joy...
  5. wendylee

Things kids say.

Might they be her pyjamas Nico??:)
  6. wendylee

Covid vaccination process

Hi Maurice ,I do hope your you get your appointment for your covid vaccination very soon, Wendy
  7. wendylee

GOING TO THE CIRCUS

Our trips to the circus was always the one that came to Hay Mills on the Coventry Rd in a park there.
  8. wendylee

Virus’s and immunisation in the past

Hi, I remember a time in my childhood possibly late 50's and we also queued at our Dr's surgery , I too think it was for smallpox vaccinations as there had been an outbreak.
  9. wendylee

Sheldon

Hi Peter, sorry I havnt been to Port Macquarie either . I do know Lyndon road though I worked at the Telephone Echange there for a few years right behind where the old Sheldon cinema was. We used to walk up from Common Lane to the lovely park in Lyndon road as kids, take a sandwich and a...
  10. wendylee

Sheldon

Hi "oldbrummie" we are in a small country town called Teesdale in Victoria. Lived in this town for 34 years now, we love it here. Population of around 1500 residents. Wendy :)
  11. wendylee

Prefabs

My husband lived in one exactly like that in the 1950's till we got married, they were quite spacious inside. It was in a lovely spot in Bickley Grove , Sheldon it backed onto open ground we used to call The Baggies. During our childhood improvements were made, a kids park and tennis courts , it...
  12. wendylee

printing problem

Grrrr printers, wonderful when they work , "horrid" when they cause problems just when you need to print something!:sob:
  13. wendylee

Tastes Of The Past

Hi Lyn, my dad used to tell my sisters and I to drink it as it was good for our skin, I liked it too, but not the "boiled to death" cabbage though haha Wendy
  14. wendylee

Give us yer donny

If we were sulking we were told " yer face is as long as Livery St" and yes I remember give us yer donny and all round the wrekin.
  15. wendylee

Sheldon

Hi, I remember the sweet shop at the Coventry rd end of barrows Lane, my father used to get off the 58 or 60 bus after work and buy sweets for me and my sisters. We lived in Common Lane and sometimes would scooter up to meet him there was an old derelict house nearer the Coventry rd past the...
  16. wendylee

Sheldon

17. wendylee

Telephone Dialing Systems Exchange codes

I also worked at telephone house Newhall st from about 1967 till around 1971/72 and transferred to the new Sheldon Telephone Exchange. i loved the old swithchboards and the plugs we had to stretch to reach the correct exchange to connect the calls.Besides the regular oprerator calls we did...
  18. wendylee

Sheldon

No, there was no sorting office there in Lyndon rd sheldon. It was just the Sheldon telephone exchange I worked there for a few years in the early 70's. Wendy
  19. wendylee

Bluebell Wood

I remember the Bluebell woods at Chelmsley Wood, my parents would pack a picnic lunch, then with my sisters and me would all walk from sheldon through the playing fields of king george the 5th and spend the day picking bunches of bluebells, it looked like a sea of blue and occasionally you would...
Back