• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. J

Favorite film ever

The Plank never fails to make me laugh. Reminds me of how life was 40 years ago.
  2. J

Hardy Spicers Ltd

Ben Fulwell was a great guy. Do you remember his girlfriend. And you are right about his wallet. Frank Piper was not in the same league as Ben. A few other names Fred Poorly Brian Carroll I could go on and on great days.
  3. J

Hardy Spicers Ltd

Hello again Johnny. Do you remember Don Fisher and Tony Ansell Jim
  4. J

Eliot Street School 1954

Roger I went to Elliot Street School around 1952 at the age of 5 but left when I was 9. I have posted a class photo have you looked at it. Elliot Street School must have been one of the worst schools in Birmingham, why my parents ever sent me there I will never know. I hated every day I spent...
  5. J

Printer connection.

It wont work until you set it up to you live box
  6. J

Internet router - What do you do?

1) Who told you you needed an I pad 2) If you are happy then ... Fine ...You don't have to buy one. 3) I do not have an I pad but would love one ....For reasons to many to list. But just 1 reason portability I do a bit of photography and love to show my friends my work. ( cant carry my desk...
  7. J

Internet router - What do you do?

Orange and b.t told me NEVER EVER switch off my router. I must admit it as been fine since leaving it on 24/7. .
  8. J

Courtyards and yards of brum

Flue... Did she try to burn him
  9. J

Tastes Of The Past

Bread and Cakes
  10. J

Nechells Park Road

Fred Hope you are back on line soon. It's great to hear your stories. You are a true gent, not many about these days I am afraid. James
  11. J

Nechells Park Road

Fred Like you Fred I don't think of myself as a Christian. But I could never walk past anyone in trouble. I could no more throw litter in the road. My father once saw me throw a piece of bread on our open fire, you would have thought I had done a murder. Now I hate to see food wasted. Do you...
  12. J

Nechells Park Road

Fred How right you are. I could safely walk from my aunts in St Clements Road to my flat in Rupert Street any time day or night. The people around in those days were hard working good and honest and always ready to help each other. I remember the snug in the Prince of Wales and the older ladies...
  13. J

Nechells Park Road

Centurion. I took early retirement at 61 and started running. I thought I was doing well at the age of 65 till I read your blog. I run most days doing around 7.5 miles in 1 hour, and I cycle most places. I forgot about that shop Hughes opened near Beehive. James
  14. J

Nechells Park Road

Hello again Centurion. Yes Mr Collie was still there and still there when I left. Thinking back he was a nice old boy. The kids today would have ate him alive. In the time I was there he set up a library, it was his pride and joy. I had him for technical drawing. He used to go to night school...
  15. J

Nechells Park Road

Centurion. We moved from St Clements Rd to Rupert Street, that how I ended up at Cromwell Street school. We moved into the new flats James
  16. J

Nechells Park Road

Centurion You mentioned Hughes, what a great shop that was I think I bought just about everything from there from 2/6 sheath knives, bow and arrows, gnat air pistol 19/6 , packets of stamps. I could go on and on, but the best story was I was sent out to buy the News of the World for my Dad. I...
  17. J

Nechells Park Road

Nechells Park Road
  18. J

Nechells Park Road

Still Looking for Photo of Nechells Park Road
  19. J

Nechells Park Road

looking for photo of yard at top of St Clements Road
  20. J

Nechells Park Road

Looking for a photo of top end of St Clements Road