• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Y

18 highcroft road

Hi, I also have a relative who died at this address in 1939, he had heart problems (67), death cert mentions bronchitis, but many of the family, including my grandfather, died of TB. Maybe only part was a sanitorium for this problem
  2. Y

Pub near allotments nr ludlow road aston

My father recounted his grandad taking him to the allotment, then onto a pub where he was deposited outside wth a drink and bag of crisps. They loved in ludlow road, anyone guess what the pub was likely to be?
  3. Y

Manor croft, tennel road harborne

The above was a large 2 story house set in about 4 acres. Was owned by may and alfred white durug the 40's and early 50's. They used to have bowls on the back lawn? Was amazingly pulled down and blocks of flats now there.
  4. Y

Ludlow mfg co, fashion, hearst st

Anyone remember the above? Also had premises at Wrottesley st. Made hand finished ladies wear, and 'invented' the Blixie Carol
Back