• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. lmr3103

Hop picking

Hi Robert yes it is the Crown at Martley. Sadly closed for some time now, it’s future is uncertain.
  2. lmr3103

RIP MAURICE (sospiri)

Sad news about Maurice. He introduced me to some lovely classical music, a true gentleman RIP
  3. lmr3103

Hop picking

Hello, nice to hear from you ! My Gran's sister, Aunt Mary Ann was married to Johnny Gibbons. They all loved the Crown!! I'll send you a private message. Lynn.
  4. lmr3103

Good music to listen to on U Tube

Love that one Pete, not one you hear a lot.
  5. lmr3103

OLD BIRMINGHAM PHOTOS FROM STEVEBHx

I'm loving this thread...spending ages comparing then to now!
  6. lmr3103

No I've never hear of them, I'll look them up !
  7. lmr3103

Completely different style of music but it just reminded me of this group that I haven't thought of in ages...
  8. lmr3103

Birmingham Irish

My Dad wasn't Irish but worked for a couple of demolition companies in the 60s and 70s, in particular one that was around the corner from where we lived in Small Heath, J Regan in Green Lane. Those connected to this trade tended to be Irish, and as my Dad was very sociable we got to know a lot...
  9. lmr3103

Old style food still going strong

We used to have rabbit stew when I was young, I remember it tasting like chicken. We’ve got rabbits in the field behind us, only a few because one year the owner decided there were too many and got someone out to shoot them all... made me ill for weeks to see it...anyway a few are about and no...
  10. lmr3103

Bazz I had an Uncle John who was big and bad!!
  11. lmr3103

Very sad. They were brilliant.
  12. lmr3103

Lovely :heart_eyes: I better go and watch Rio Bravo again now....:):)
  13. lmr3103

That was funny! ...they got on really well apparently...JW dwarfs Dean!
  14. lmr3103

Aw, bless him,
  15. lmr3103

Very interesting story behind ‘so long Marianne ‘ ...
  16. lmr3103

Just for you Pete, the only one I know by him...
Back