• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. O

Time Works Factory, Barr Street., Hockley. I took this photo in their yard. Does anyone know what this little building would have been used for please

I started the original thread because I am researching Barr Street. I would love to learn more about your family connections to this building.
  2. O

55 Ludgate Hill - Foundation stone - Lionel Street, Birmingham

That's the one on the corner. Thanks for the input. Anyone know why a foundation stone would be laid with full masonic rites by Sir William Wiley, Provincial Grand Master for Warwickshire May 20th 1939.
  3. O

55 Ludgate Hill - Foundation stone - Lionel Street, Birmingham

Does anyone have any information on the building on Ludgate Hill, Jewellery Quarter please. Was it a Masonic Lodge and do you know what's to become of the building as it looks like its under repair at the moment.
  4. O

Royal Warwickshire Regiment - Lebisey Normandy Memorial

Brilliant. Where will this take place please.
  5. O

Betting Shops Bookies Bookmaking

I used to work for Bookmakers of Birmingham (in the early 60’s). They opened in Edgbaston Street, opposite the markets. I also worked in one of their shops which was inside Snow Hill Station. I think the station had closed down by then. I remember that when the Snowhill shop opened it was in...
  6. O

J. Allday , 9. Warstone Lane

Thank you for all your replies. I will continue with trying to find out more about this beautiful building.
  7. O

J. Allday , 9. Warstone Lane

I am looking for info on a building in Warstone Lane. J.Allday is on the letterbox. Does anyone have any information on the building or the man please?
  8. O

Barr Street, Hockley

That is great thank you. Do you have a year associated with this please
  9. O

Barr Street, Hockley

I can see Courts in Barr Street but they vanish later on. Is this because they were demolished or did manufacturers take them over and build premises on them.
  10. O

Barr Street, Hockley

Thank you so much for this.
  11. O

Barr Street, Hockley

Fascinating, thank you.
  12. O

Barr Street, Hockley

Thank you for your help with this. I do appreciate it. Is is toilets, bins, washing outhouse? I was 17 and worked on the Reception in the mornings and the Production Office in the afternoons. I was progress chasing and would have been in the enamelling workshops probably every afternoon...
  13. O

Barr Street, Hockley

Hi Astoness I worked in Barr Street about 1959 at Fattorinis, I would love to see this photo as I am researching Barr Street at the Moment.
  14. O

Courtyards and yards of brum

This is great. I am researching Barr Street and this is so close. Thank you
  15. O

Map of Summer Lane & Hockley

Great detail. I am researching Barr Street, is it possible to get a copy of the full length of it by any chance please?
  16. O

Barr Street, Hockley

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
  17. O

Old street pics..

Wonderful photo and info. I presume these were back to backs.
  18. O

Old street pics..

Back