• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. philcarr

Yardley Wood

I was caretaker at highters heath school in the late 60s, also had many a drink at yardley wood social. happy days.
  2. philcarr

Cafes in and around Birmingham

it might have been a old consul when he went round his cafes to get his rent with Penny, but it was some much better going at weekends.
  3. philcarr

ALSTON ROAD SCHOOL

i lived at 174 eastfield rd, i also went to alston rd, i also worked lawtons doris rd,i think bernard may remember me?
  4. philcarr

136 Cattell Rd by Marquis of Lorne

The tram is going is going into town, on the right of the tram is were my gran had a shop, i worked at lawtons in doris rd and would at dinner break get chips and gran would get the stew we share a feast fit for a king . That was in the early 40s.good days & NOISY NIGHTS.
  5. philcarr

Yardley Wood

what about yardley wood soc,club,or highter heath school?
  6. philcarr

The Richmond pub on Richmond Rd.

november 1940.
  7. philcarr

GRANGE ROAD, SMALL HEATH

I worked at Houses the bakery in muntz st that would be in the early 40s, i also did some nights at Wimbushes in the 50s,i also made use of the baths at green lane in the 40s,we also went to the swimming there, happy days.
  8. philcarr

Birmingham Amateur Football Teams

I played for a midland red side that lost 12-1.
  9. philcarr

Wendy THE NAME RINGS A BELL BUT IT WAS 60 YEARS OR M0RE, DO KNOW WHAT HE WOULD LOOK LIKE? IT MIGHT HELP I HOPE.
  10. philcarr

I also played for the B S A for a short time and also for the Middland Red , happy days.
  11. philcarr

In the late 40s &early 50s we played cards at the Sydenham pub,it was inconnection with Willmot&breeden football team.We had e good team and some good lads playing for us, great days...
  12. philcarr

I was at Southalls in the early 50s,i was making paper hankerchieves and lue rolls. We would work eight hour shifts.
  13. philcarr

Stechford and Rover Home Guard, the Alex and December 7th 1941

i was on the ack ack at lea hall, we did nights on the rockets,which fired two at a time.At that time i worked at lawtons in garrison lane .
  14. philcarr

Stechford - The Village

my wife & i brouht a pram for our first born in 53, we lived in eastfield rd et that time.
  15. philcarr

Birmingham 1940

Thanks Astonite E.B.i was in the home guard from 42.I served the rocket firing guns at Lea hall. phil carr.
  16. philcarr

Garrison Lane

i worked at lawtons garrison lane in the fortys, it was the top end of garrison lane. It was a engineering firm,it also did zinc plating. phil carr.
  17. philcarr

Back to The Blitz: The startling images that merge WWII bombings with modern images

Re: Back to The Blitz: The startling images that merge WWII bombings with modern imag Can anyone tell me what was the total weight of bombs to fall on b,ham in ww2 blitz compared with other citys ? phil carr. i was there.
  18. philcarr

Kingston Picture House

i remember the kingston in the 40s, all so green lane swimming baths,also the washing baths we were glad to use them. phil carr
  19. philcarr

Morris Commercial Vehicles

i lost the end of one my fingers at the morris in 1941, my 2ed day at work, three days after leaving school at fourteen.if anyone finds it let me know
  20. philcarr

Bordesley Green Doctors...

i recall dr martin from his time at bordesley green east practice he was a great doctor.
Back