• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. C

Crimes : Birmingham murders

I have just seen this thread, I know this thread was a while ago now but I remember those murders I was a school girl at the time and went to school with Margaret Reynolds cousin John Reynolds, and the police board with her missing picture was on every corner where I lived, Borderley Green and...
  2. C

BSA Factory 1940s Onwards

Christina when did you work at the BSA, as working in the secretarial school we had to do different departments for a month, I shadowed the secretary in the spares department for a month it was the building just up from the entrance was'nt it and was bombed where many office girls lost there...
  3. C

BSA Factory 1940s Onwards

I worked 67/68 at the Armoury Road site in the secretarial school there, I have some great memories of that factory.
  4. C

Quiz: Famous people from the Midlands

when I was at school, the Spencer Davies Group who Stevie Winwood was a member as was his brother Muff came to our school in Bordesley Green a few months before they made it to number one with keep on running I was thirteen. it was exciting as they were friends with our class teacher so they...
  5. C

Birmingham Panoramas

good pictures bordesleyexile. I also lived where you do I lived in Pretoria Road and went to cherrywood school
  6. C

Kingstanding

Hi did anybody live near Crayford Road, as my Dad lived there during the second world war he was a kid then, they were a big family called Roberts.
  7. C

Baskerville residential school/ hospital Yewcroft School

Hi: Dave Seymore you was there at the same time as me, I was 62/63 about 14 months. I remember a couple of other teachers, one was very strict called Miss Briar and she had her bedroom next to the girls intermediatory dormitory where I was for a short while with Miss Jenkins niece called...
  8. C

This is Baskerville House (School) it is the back of the old house looking out onto the grounds. Replacement photo
  9. C

I was there in 1962 Feb, maybe we were there at the same time. do you remember Nurse Bell, Southall. Nurse Bell was lovely, Miss Jenkins the head, Miss Briar and Miss Faulkener, I dont remember any of the male teachers maybe you do.
  10. C

John was you and your brother their in 1962? I was their for just over a year Feb 62 till about April of 63.
  11. C

Castle Vale

never heard of them Ian but I was a little young when they owned the trees I did'nt move there until the early 70's I asked my husband last night and he was a pub manager for bass and he could'nt answer your question. clever one that.
  12. C

Castle Vale

I worked at the Trees in the 70's it was Ansells then, could it have been Inde coope not sure on the spellingbut Ansells took them over.
  13. C

Broad Street Hospital

colin when did the george road skin hospital become an outpatients as I spent time as a child there in the 50's and 60's suffering with psoriasis as an inpatient and there were three wards, the childrens ward was at the top of the building, we also had schooling just off the ward the ones that...
  14. C

Broad Street Hospital

there was an orthopeadic hospital in Broad Street, when I was a child we lived at Bishopsgate Street just off Broad Street. my mum thinks it was near sheepcote Street near to where Bush House, was St Chads is more up to the Hagley Road area.
  15. C

Skin Hospital

why are people talking about veneral diseases, most of the people that was in the George road site had psoriasis, dermatitis. very bad exma sorry dont know how spell that word, certainly not catching:
  16. C

Skin Hospital

Hi i was in the Skin Hospital as a patient, the one that you are talking about in John Bright Street in the sixties was an outpatient hospital, there was another one where I spent many weeks as an inpatient I was on the Childrens Ward and I remember visiting days they locked the wards and...
  17. C

Castle Vale

John what years did you live on Vale, I used the trade winds sometimes and drank in the albatross a couple of times but my local was the trees. I lived there from 71/75
  18. C

I have just joined and found your post, I was at that school 1962/63 people there had all sorts of illness's heart problems, asthma problems most of us kids were from the back to back houses of brum.
  19. C

Kingstanding

just come across your memories of the Hawthorne Road, My mum used to live in Birdbrook Road and used to tell me stories of the monkey run,
Back