• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. B

Spooky Soho...

Just to update you on our Spooky Soho this year... We have extended our opening at Soho until 4th November, so it's still not too late to come and explore our spooky cellars! Adults accompanying kids in fancy dress get in free!
  2. B

Friends of Aston Hall and Park

Hi everyone, Great to read some stories about Aston Hall and Park on this page, so many people have a love for it, including me! ... The next Friends of Aston Hall and Park meeting is on Thursday 22nd March 2012 in the Aston Hall Stables Cafe, between 6.30pm and 8.00pm. Free refreshments - new...
  3. B

Soho House... What's going on at Soho?!

Please note this post advises of the situation at Soho House with building work during 2012 Hi everyone, Just to let you know that there are some exciting building works going on in the Soho House Visitor Centre at the moment, and because of this Soho House reopening will be delayed until...
  4. B

Aston Park

Hi all, Anyone who is interested in Aston Park might be interested in the Friends of Aston Hall and Park group which started last year. Our next meeting is Thursday 23rd February in Aston Hall Stables Cafe between 6.30pm and 8.00pm. Lots of exciting projects being discussed at this meeting...
  5. B

Aston Hall by Candlelight

Hope everyone who went to Aston Hall by Candlelight enjoyed themselves! Wendy I love these drawings by Caldecott - you're right, the second one looks very like Aston Hall. Did your relative live in Birmingham and did his illustrations appear in the first edition of Irving's book? Rachel
  6. B

Now is the time! Hi everyone - the next Friends of Aston Hall and Park meeting is on Thursday 23rd February in the Stables cafe at Aston Hall between 6.30pm - 8.00pm. If you're living in Aston now or have done in the past, now is a great time to get involved in the group! Lots of exciting...
  7. B

Just to let everyone know that the next meeting of the Friends of Aston Hall and Park will be on Thursday 26th January 2012 at 6.30pm at the Aston Hall Stables cafe. Free light refreshments for all! This would be a great time to join and have your say on the things you would like to see going on...
  8. B

Aston Hall by Candlelight

https://www.itv.com/central-west/christmas-past65736/ Have a look at Aston Hall on Central News..... Aston Hall at the centre of Christmas as we know it :-)
  9. B

We are always looking for new members to join the Friends of Aston Hall and Park group. If you live in Aston now, or used to live in the area and have now moved away, we are looking for committed and enthusiastic volunteers to help develop the site. If you have any ideas for events or...
  10. B

Matthew Boulton in the news

Today sees the launch of the new £50 note with Matthew Boulton and James Watt depicted on one side... Come along and see where these great men met, over at Soho House Museum. We are open for two special 'Winter Guided Tours' on 3rd and 17th November from 11am - 12.30pm £6 per person. Hope to...
  11. B

Spooky Soho...

Well, we've had a lovely week - everyone seems to have enjoyed the spooky cellars and the Halloween trail and crafts... It's a pity that we are closing for the season on Sunday!... I have just started working at Soho, and I never thought of it as a scary place, but lots of people have told me...
  12. B

Spooky Soho...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piNW5ykhP3E
  13. B

Spooky Soho...

Hope to see you soon! :unconscious:
  14. B

Spooky Soho...

My two are 4 and 6 and haven't been remotely bothered by any of the pictures I've been showing them of the preparations for Spooky Soho, but if you're not sure, you could always come and take part in the craft activities and trail over in the Visitor Centre, and not go over to the cellars in the...
  15. B

Spooky Soho...

We are shaking things up at Soho over the half term holiday... Down in the cellars we will be exploring the things that kept the Georgians awake at night... Highwaymen, headless ladies and the sinister swish of the guillotine!...There will be creepy crafts to keep the kids happy on Tuesday 25th...
  16. B

addmission to Aston Hall

Hi everyone, just to let you know that the turtle shell has now been moved to the Museums Collection Centre in Duddeston. It will be available to view on their open days which come up every few months. The turtle shell is supposed to have formed part of the 19th century display at Aston Hall...
Back