• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. S

A little help Please

Thank you "Master Brummie" from Bewdley - I'll show the electorial roll to Tom as he is coming over to my place for Christmas. After all these years, what your have sent appears to solve a query - that there was not a house number 2 - as that was where the outside toilets were. So there were...
  2. S

A little help Please

The photographs are definately of Brighton Place, New Summer Street. We lived there with our parents until June 1940, when we moved to Hall Green. Our House was Number 14 - and can be seen in the photographs as the third bay window on the left, and the rent was 7/6d a week (37.5p) My brothers...
  3. S

Hay Mills Rotor Station

I travelled on the helicopter service to Northolt as a 14-year old on the 18th of Sepember 1951 - having won a competition in the "Eagle" comic. The station was on HeybBarns Recreation ground (known locally as "the reck"), and was situated just to the right adjacent to where you enter "the...
Back