• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. F

Millington family - Ladywood

I went to junior school in KIngstanding with a girl named Glynis Millington (1960's) - they lived Wandsworth Road at the time.
  2. F

Habits We've Learned

me too wiping tins and pans with a dishcloth ! rather than habits - our tradition at christmas comes from my hubbies side of the family where we always save a present from the christmas morning til after tea - calling it the after tea christmas present - I'm hoping MY kids (who are now adults)...
  3. F

Your Claim To Fame

Wow Sean Connery, how marvellous, pity you didn't keep in touch though ! I wonder if he recounts those 'broke' days to whomever and says 'I never did pay for the beans on toast though' ! tee hee. My claim to fame is : I kissed the Daz man -remember the adverts for Daz washing powder, well...
  4. F

Brummie sayings & language

I haven't had time to read through this completely, just remember : gerwanna gew up town? Do you want to go up town. I remember the Goldfish saying at the start of this page of threads. The girl at work is forever saying 'chick' - that does drive me mad & she also says 'Bab' to anyone - I...
  5. F

St Johns Church Perry Barr

ah bless. lovely to see the church - I got married at - 20.8.77 - 35 years this year, how time flies.
  6. F

Birmingham Pub Bombings

I had been in the Tavern the night before the bombings and my sister was, we thought, in the Tavern the night of the bombings - my uncle who was an ambulance driver/crewman was at our house when the news flashed on the TV .................. we were worried to death about my sister - and my uncle...
  7. F

Club in Orphanage Road, Erdington 60s

OMgoodness, I know this post is old but I only found this forum last night at about 10 pm - didn't get to bed then until after midinight looking through all the old posts about nightclubs etc etc - had a fantastic time thinking about old times .................. then came across this post - the...
Back