• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. aston lad

Does Anyone Know Where This Is

I have been asked if I know where this photo has been taken, I am sure its one of Ray Griffiths but not sure, I think it could be Berners Street in Lozells, thank you
  2. aston lad

Rod Birch

I read yesterday that Rod had passed away, I wasn't too sure if it was Rod Birch or not , I wrote to Chris Pounder to ask her and here is the reply I got back Chris Pounder John here is the message I got from Sue Bonner yesterday my time... "....not sure if you are aware, but Rod passed away...
  3. aston lad

School Photos Unknown Birmingham Schools

God knows where I got these from, haven't got a clue what school or schools these are ?, but I think they are Birmingham school, because Birmingham is mention on the front of them....
  4. aston lad

Birmingham Car Tax Office

Can anyone tell me if the car tax office in Edwards Street Birmingham as moved, I am or was going to there on Monday, but I have now been told its in Garrets Green ....does anyone know ...ta
  5. aston lad

Sirens Aston 1960s 1970s. At 13.00

Sorry if this subject has already been posted on here, I did a search but couldn't find any thing... I can remember a siren going off at around 13.00 every week day, when I was living in Aston/Birmingham during the 60's and 70's (I think), I never knew why it did, and where it was located, I...
Back