• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. nijinski

Stechford

There is a lot of landmarks disappearing from in and around stechford. Places you could use as direction guides.places like the richmond pub. I think they were replaced by apartments. The beaufort. Cinema which was replaced by a diy store then aldi's. Then here's parkinson cowan on station rd...
  2. nijinski

Hurley Rose electoral role look up

Hi mike sorry to keep pestering you. Can you tell me rose hurley lived between 1930 when she lived at 8 court, 6 talfourd st and 1965. Thanks. Regards nijinski
  3. nijinski

titanic

Did you know it is 15 years to this very day that the film titanic won 11 oscars at the 70th academy awards equalling ben hur's record. It was the most expensive film ever made at that time.
  4. nijinski

Dooley - electoral roll look up

can anyone tell me when thomas and sheila dooley and family first moved to alum rock rd? thank you for any help.
  5. nijinski

BBC brum

I read an article from julie walters in the mail about how brum and the midlands are being stripped of all the beebs investment.for programmes except for doctors and the news. It is shocking that 25per cent of licence fee payers are from the midlands yet we're second bottom of the table for...
  6. nijinski

Michael Balcon

Did you know daniel day lewis's grandfather was sir michael balcon. Michael Balcon was born in birmingham in 1896l he went to school in george dixons grammer school. He went on to be personal assistant to the managing director of dunlops in aston cross. He and his friend victor saville. Went to...
  7. nijinski

Crossroads programme

I thought this might be worth a mention. Did you know it's the 10th anniversary of the very last episode of crossroads this year and next year is the 50th anniversary of the first episode. The crossroad appreciation society are setting up events to. Remember it by. We never missed an episode in...
  8. nijinski

Lenny Henry

I know lenny is from dudley but I thought i'd mention an artical I read on him. Councillors are bickering over wether he should get the freedom of the town honour or not because they say he hasn't done enough for dudley and the award is usually for officials who have. It seems to me lenny has...
  9. nijinski

Instant Messaging From Smart Phone

hi, can someone tell me how to address and send an instant message. thanks, regards nijinski.
  10. nijinski

Hurley David and Jane e hurley

i'm trying to find out where David hurley and Jane e hurley were living in the 1930s. and hopefully where they might be buried.can anyone please help? thank you.
  11. nijinski

dads RAF information

hello can anyone help me find any information at all on thomas dooley in the raf during the war. he was born in ireland 1917. I think he was a mechanic based in Birmingham. thanks.
  12. nijinski

Barn St

please can anyone tell does barn st of 1900 still existand where is it or was it and does anyone have any photos of circa 1900 barn st. thank you.
  13. nijinski

Dooley Thomas born Ireland 1917

please can anyone tell me when thomas dooley born 1917 in ireland came to birmingham. he moved to somewhere around witton or rotten park. julia gough moved in roughly the same area. from ireland. they later met and married. did she live with her sister mary gough who met and married a patrick...
  14. nijinski

orphan siege

around balsall heath to egbaston area, there was a family who suffered tragedy. the mother died then the father died soon afterwards.because the children had lost their parents the welfare tried to put them in a home so they locked themselves in there home to stop this. the neighbours left food...
  15. nijinski

looking for photo's

does anyone have any of moorsom st upper end from the 50s to 60s or any photos of brearley st in the 1960s especially st chads senior and infant school.
  16. nijinski

ilmington rd, weoley castle

at ilmington school in the mid 1970s a senior girl had hit a senior boy with a chair. she had enough of his years of mocking and flipped. he was knocked out. he never mocked her again. does anyone remember this.
Back