• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. O

Wilton Street Lozells

I can remember Syners shop. We were always going there for our Nan. I remember the scales, a brass dish for the weights on one side and a piece of circular marble on the other side for the food you were having weighed. If you were buying sausage Mr Syner used to cut a bit extra that he ate raw!
  2. O

Wilton Street Lozells

Thanks for posting the pics. Yes it was a 3 storey house. It had 5 rooms plus a back kitchen and outside toilet. It didn’t have any bow windows.
  3. O

Wilton Street Lozells

Yes it was a 3 story house with 3 bedrooms. It didn’t have any bow windows. It had 5 rooms plus a back kitchen and outside toilet.
  4. O

Wilton Street Lozells

My Nan and grandad lived at number 53 Wilton street from early 1900s they were Bill and Lily Hill. They had 6 children Lillian, June (my mom), Bill, Sheila, Sylvia and Brian. I was born there in 1953 (June’s daughter). My Nan and grandad left in 1967 moving to Kingstanding.
Back