• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. S

Home Town

Cor’help it, Oi love it, my Birminghamtown, Theyluvvly, them bostin’, black, white and brown; Allusa curry just around the bend, Acrackin’ humour that wun’t never offend. Intown, the crowds, noise and crush! Yo wun’tnever believe the manic mad rush. Thestores, they’m all heaving, the...
  2. S

Sssizzle

Sweet sizzling in my vein today, and everything seemsbrighter. Insidious hissing in my brain, and life seems sharper,whiter. My edges blurred, an inner fizz That thrills and enervates alike. I’m slower, dreamy, broken down My heart rate peak and spike. Wondrous sparking round my brain...
  3. S

Me, Othe Me

I hada voice inside my head that hissed and whispered subtle things. Itried translating what it said, its rhythms, its insidious wings Thatfluttered just behind my eyes, that washed my senses clean away; Andthough it told me wicked lies, I thought it spoke not of decay, Ofhorrors, but of...
  4. S

A Birmingham Childhood Remembered

Oh deeply missed,you Bull Ring, miscellany of stalls, A youthremembered, clutching coat hem, wide-eyed. Wigs, salami,gaudy rings, old shoes, the raucous Brummie calls, Bouncing off thewalls. “’ ’andy carrier!”Thickly yelled, and “Apples a pound pears!” A languageunderstood by all, a...
Back