• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. K

Sydney Griffith Ltd. Soho Hill

Does anyone have any information or pictures of the Stud Works which were on Soho Hill. My Mother and Aunt used to work there and I would love a picture for my archives. I have found this poster/leaflet on the web, but if anyody has anyfurther information would love to have it. As you can see...
  2. K

Milliners Hurst Street

I wonder if anyone can help me with this one. In the mid to late 1940's my aunt used to work as a milliner in Hurst Street. I have traced this to be No: 63 and the lady who owned the shop was a Mrs Ida Mantle I believe this is where the back to back houses now are. If anyone has any pictures...
Back