• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. colinshorey2

Tudor Grange, Solihull - former home of Alfred Bird

Has anyone any knowledge of this building when it was a special school for handicapped children.I was a resident there in 1950-54.
  2. colinshorey2

St Gerards Hospital, Coleshill

reply to feb 23 2012.sorry for delay Rugeley,Nr Lichfield.Had my 71 birthday this year and feel well.Read your thread initiation blog,most interesting,and this raises lost memories.We have obviously contacted before.I am talking 1946 -50 age 3-7yrs old.trust you are well too.Cheers Colin
  3. colinshorey2

Sutton Train Crash

My Aunty Winnie Stephens lived in the cottages right by the station.She told me how she went to help after hearing the noise.Grandad,Wilfred Nibblet,rode in the guards van on that line but not involved.Aunt Win took me to see the train which was on the platform .
  4. colinshorey2

Scout Jamboree Sutton park

I went to the Jamboree .It was in 1957.I was in hospital at the Forelands in Bromsgrove.They arranged a mini bus so that we,orthopaedic patients,could visit the globe centre piece.I was not long back on my feet and took my crutches.My Mom and Dad met us there I remember it well,,,I would be 14yr...
  5. colinshorey2

Hello,Thank you for the input.[[email protected]]It all seems a long time ago now and I am 70years next.The 4year period was a long time in my life from 4 to 7.I do not rall any sead moments and generally felt happy,listening to Dick Barton on the radio,The Harry lime theme was the popular...
  6. colinshorey2

Good morning.I was confined with T.B.Spine[1947-1950]The picture refered to shows some similarity but much earlier.The ward was on 2 levels[babies lower] and looking from the ward was the statue of Jesus at the fish pond.We shared in all the Saints days,watching the processions of the Sisters...
  7. colinshorey2

Will try and catch up.cheers
  8. colinshorey2

Thanks for reply,Much appreciated.Will contact shortly.
  9. colinshorey2

Lucas Electrical,Mere Green Road,Sutton Coldfield.

Colin Shorey.Factory Planning Engineering.[1964-1974]Most Interesting job I ever had.Semiconductor Manufacture.Auto-motive,Physics based chemical,electrical and plant design Engineering.Interesting Work friends and engineers.
  10. colinshorey2

Forelands Hospital Bromsgrove

colinshorey2:Was here 1957 for 6months approx.Sister George-Night shift.Cheers Colin.
  11. colinshorey2

Colin Shorey:1947-1950.T.B.Spine.Sister Genieve.Statue of Jesus over looking the fish pool.Many memories.Any response?
  12. colinshorey2

Forelands Hospital Bromsgrove

What a good 6months that was.I was convalesing from a Spinal Fusion Operation in 1957,May-Aug.Surgon Mr Allen.Night Sister George,Nurse Glenis Morris,Nurse Timms[16"waist?] fellow patient Richard Stonehouse.Always enjoyed Archery whilst lying on my Plaster cast. Colin shorey.
Back