• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. T

Car registration numbers

I moved away from good old Brum many years ago but I recall that the Lord Mayor's car was always registered as LOM 1. I wonder if it still is? As for Birmingham buses, I too remember the JOJ series but also recall the later BON ***C series of single decker Daimlers, many of which operated on...
  2. T

Brummie sayings & language

Just thought of another one, "This 'll never get the bab a new dress", meaning lets get on with it, we're not making progress.
  3. T

Brummie sayings & language

You've got a face as long as Livery Street! is one I remember quite well. And another one I remember, "get off the 'orse road"
  4. T

Car registration numbers

It's a long time since I lived in Birmingham but I remember the Lord Mayor's car was always registered LOM 1. Is it still?
  5. T

Sarehole Mill

I used to deliver newspapers to Sarehole Mill in the mid 1950's and can't really remember who lived there. I just remember a lean to porch with a letter box. The Mill obviously looked in a poor state.
  6. T

Birmingham Buses Part 2

I remember the Leyland single deckers (PS2's?) quite well on the 27 service, with their concertina door at the front. The poor old conductors were run ragged, what with collecting fares and opening and closing the door at every stop. The conductors were nearly always getting on in years (I guess...
Back