• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. A

The Windmill, Dudley Road Duffells /Duffields

hi Does anybody know what happened to the Duffell/Duffield Family that used to run the Windmill back around 1950 ? They are relatives of my mother and we are trying to track down any descendants . Thankyou Amanda xx
  2. A

OUGHTON PLACE , Aston , Birmingham

Hiya Ive been trying to find a street map or photos of Has anyone any info on it please . Thankyou Enjoy your wet bank holiday monday.xxx
  3. A

GRO Certificate Reference numbers

Hi, Could any one tell me how the reference numbers break up ? Like.......9c 213/ 6d/58......................what does the 9c stand for ...is it an area code ? And where do I find these codes many thanks Amanda x
  4. A

Help Please :o)

Can anybody work out what the writing on the sign in this picture is please Its a school photo probably of my grandmother so , in Birmingham. probably about 1890. she lived in Henry Streey, birmingham, so would be around that location. Thankyou. xxx
  5. A

DAVIS Family ~ 394 west Boulevard, Harborne. B'ham around 1941

Hi Does anyone recall the Davis Family from West Boulevard, Harborne ? My father, Joseph, lived there as a young boy, with his Sister Patricia and his Brother John. Their mother died in 1942 aged 33- her name was Ada Rose davis nee Jayes. Dad's father was John Davis. the children were aged 11...
  6. A

Looking for info on these streets: Dartmouth Street, Brewery Street, Aston

Hi All :adoration: I'm now looking for info and pics on these streets:~ Dartmouth Street, Aston & Brewery Street Aston. Thankyou again, this is a great site .xx
  7. A

Tennant Street, Birmingham

Hi Everybody :o) I have lots of relatives that through the years lived and had businesses in Tennant Street. Does anybody have any old pictures. The years I'm interested in span from 1880's to 1950's Thanking you Amanda xx:friendly_wink::friendly_wink:
  8. A

EXON CORSETS BIRMINGHAM 1940's

Hi has any one any info on Exon or Exxon Corsetts ? Around about 1940/50 in Ladywood Birmingham.
  9. A

Jayes Family Stour Street, Springhill, Birmingham

I am researching my fathers family, back in the beginning of 1900's they lived in Stour Street, Brum. I have many details , but the one thing i really want to find is a photo of my grandmother who died when my father was only 7. She lived at 4 Stour Street. her name was Ada Rose Jayes I am...
Back