• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. A

Birmingham buses

On Ridgacre Road, Quinton..outside the old bus garage
  2. A

Heath Street, Winson Green

That is brilliant thankyou Vivienne :o) . You have been very helpful.x :o)
  3. A

Ive looked on that thread Vivienne....but the photo's are not there ? Only the google street view one :(
  4. A

Excellent ..Thank You so much :o) .x
  5. A

Hi There I was wondering if you still have the two pictures of Heath Street that you mentioned here ? Be really lovely to see them if at all possible. Kind Regards Amanda . :o)
  6. A

Lodge Hill Cemetery

I really do not know Polly. I took the photo's for the gentleman that carved them many years ago :o) Very impressive work though don't you agree.
  7. A

Lodge Hill Cemetery

Hi , I managed to get some pictures for you.. Of the entrance area ...unfortunately there was a service going on in the main part.are these of any help ? x
  8. A

Newspapers : From Birmingham Post 150 years ago

I was wondering if any of you could advise me ...... My Great Great Grandmother ... Mrs Elizabeth Coldrick, was found guilty of Serious Child Neglect in 1890..... the newspaper cutting she was sentenced to .. A fine of 40 shillings or One months imprisonment with hard labour.. in the...
  9. A

Lodge Hill Cemetery

Hi Rosie ... I am looking for Section B9 271. I shall be able to go to the office when I go , but just cant figure out why I cant see it on map :o)
  10. A

Lodge Hill Cemetery

Hi Helen. I have searched and searched that map you kindly put up for me .. Can You see Section B9 ?? I am going loopy I think. x
  11. A

Lodge Hill Cemetery

:rapture:Thankyou Helen That is brilliant :o) xx:angel:
  12. A

Lodge Hill Cemetery

Hi I will try to have a look on Tuesday.... depending on their being a time when I can go in without there being a funeral in progress :o)
  13. A

Lodge Hill Cemetery

Hiya, I am going there on Tuesday afternoon. I can happily get some photographs for you. Which stones did you carve ? And I will take a look. x
  14. A

Lodge Hill Cemetery

Hi Does anybody have a map of Lodge Hill Cemetery please ? I have tried clicking on various attachments in this thread but cannot get anything. xx Thankyou .
  15. A

Jayes Family Stour Street, Springhill, Birmingham

Hi John :adoration: Goodness me !! You've sure been busy on my behalf there !! Thankyou so much for that . I am having a dig about now. i read your story of your relatives and must admit my eyes nearly popped out ! Wow !! Quite amazing that is it not ! It amazes me how the elder generations...
  16. A

:strawberry: Hi Again, I shall definately take a deeper delve into my Great Grandparents and their branches to see as you said if I can find any relatives that way. Maybe they all know I'm looking for them and are hiding !!:miserable:
  17. A

Thankyou Pimpernel and Mike. The only other line of enquiry I can think of is through her siblings... Ive hand written to every Jayes that I could find in the Birmingham area and had no luck at all.. of those that replied, none of them knew of an Ada Rose in their family history. Its quite a...
  18. A

Hi Pimpernel Nice to hear from you :o) Well I am still looking ...not as yer had any progress re any photographs of my grandmother. But I have found her burial place, and that of both of her parents and one of her brothers.. All in 'public- unmarked' graves...so that was quite an achievement...
  19. A

explosion at Ludlow's, Witton in 1870?

Hi, Ive just been researching that explosion. My great great Aunt was the girl that died in the explosion. Catherine Keady.
  20. A

Old street pics..

Helloooo Has anyone got any pictures of BREWERY STREET,ASTON please .xx Thankyou.
Back