• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. bear & ragged staff

Explosion at IMI, Witton late 1960;s

My dad, Jack Keirl, worked at Kyoch, ICI and IMI at Witton all of his working life retiring in 1979. He started in 'Lightning Fastener' and moved on to IMI working on the titanium furnaces. These furnaces were housed in an odd shaped purposely built building. A problem occurred one day in the...
  2. bear & ragged staff

Hawthorn Road School Football Team 1962-3

A photograph of Hawthorn Road football team 1962-3 season. We either won the league or finished runners up - can't remember but I still have the medal somewhere. Shame the picture is black and white because the shirts were red and green - avant garde for the day. Anyway, can anyone help me with...
  3. bear & ragged staff

Eliezer Edwards

I have just purchased two books about Birmingham by Eliezer Edwards, however I am struggling to find any information about the author. I have found references to South Wales, St. Paul's Square in Birmingham, the Church of Latter Day Saints, gunpowder and so on. Does anybody have a definitive...
  4. bear & ragged staff

Chocolate Shop - Station Road, Erdington.

Hi, Does anybody remember a small chocolate shop in Station Road, Erdington around the mid to late sixties? It sold a chocolate that I have never tasted the like of before or since - it was delicious. I was always told that it was a cheap, substandard, reject chocolate and if I remember...
Back