• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. T

Bomb damage photos of WW2

thanks Phil
  2. T

There was a map published by the mail in the seventies I think - it covered a larger area.
  3. T

Thanks mo
  4. T

has anyone posted a copy of the air raid damage map published by the evening mail several years ago ?
  5. T

Aston Pictures

old and grey - this is probably the wrong thread but I remember that magic shop when I was living with my grandparents in bishopsgate st in the early to mid sixties. I remember the soap that turned your hands black - I gave that to my uncles to their suprise.
  6. T

Broad Street

Thanks - although I think it may be of the Bulls head and I've seen one or two of those over the years, I'm thinking of a picture the other way across the intersection to the corner shop. Tom
  7. T

Broad Street

Thanks - will do another search Tom
  8. T

Broad Street

Thanks Carolina - I have this pic but thanks for posting. I know there is somewhere a pic taken from outside the Bull pub across to the corner shop on Tennant st - or there was, it may be lost. Tom
  9. T

Broad Street

hello - does anyone have any pics of Bishopsgate st from the Broad st end looking down the st. My grandparents lived close to the corner with Tennant st.
  10. T

Bishopsgate Street

Thats great Phil thanks. Tom
  11. T

Bishopsgate Street

Hello - anyone got any pics of Bishpsgate st, off Broad st. I stayed there sometimes in the sixties with my grandparents most memorably the night the news came on the tv that JFK had been shot - 1963. We were next to the corner shop on the corner of Tennant st I think opposite the pub.
  12. T

Aston, Lozells & Witton Photos Reposted thanks to Ray Griffiths...

Re: Aston and lozells pic reposted... No I didn,t but my parents might have. Heard a few stories about ozzie osborn from my cousins in potters hill.
  13. T

Re: Aston and lozells pic reposted... There's probably one in a parallel universe - like my parents wedding.
  14. T

Various street pics

Hello Lyn - they dont have the glow of your pics but they probably mean something to someone. I've just posted a message on the pics reposted thread. Tom
  15. T

Re: Aston and lozells pic reposted... Hello Lyn _ I've just posted (in various st pics) the two Burlington st pics I mentioned a few days ago, took me a while to find them. The pics you've posted are wonderful, in particular the Burlington st, Park lane and Potters Hill images. The...
  16. T

Various street pics

Hello - not sure where to post these. I promised Lynn I'd post two Burlington st pics When I found them. The first is taken from the High st end looking down the st. The second shows the Talbot works next to the railing of the girls school and shows my house on the corner with the dark empty...
  17. T

Old street pics..

ok thanks bye for now tom
  18. T

Old street pics..

yes lyn - I was shocked to read about the hacking, when I discovered this site a few months ago - unusual to say the least. I shall look forward to any more of your postings. I've a couple of pics of burlington st obtained from the library archives a few years ago which I'll post in the next...
  19. T

Old street pics..

sorry lyn it was posted by stitcher post 196. I know about the burlington st reunions from other forums over the years. was there any date with the pic you posted ?
  20. T

Old street pics..

by the way lyn - the pic you posted earlier of the horse drawn transport was taken outside the house where we lived in the seventies - this was opposite farm rd sparkbrook. The large building was a school,now gone. Ive also seen somewhere a pic of the same spot facing the other way showing a tram.
Back