• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. B

Lloyds garage

Hi Reg Thanks for email i have been desperate to get in touch with you about your wife lol sorry dont get the wrong idea you say alf lloyd was her grandfather his brother fredrick lloyd was MY grandfather i think that makes us iether first or second cousins but not sure anyway some kind of...
  2. B

Lloyds garage

Hi There I am trying to trace the history of LLoyds Garage it was situated at 105 Park Lane Aston Birmingham in 1973 the propriator and owner then was Alfred Charles Hawkins the lady who worked in the showroom was called Margaret i think her surname at the time was Lindan would anyone have any...
  3. B

Rubery Hill Asylum Hospital

Hi There Changinman Just read your thread about your gg grandfather my grandfather was also in that hospital it was a mental hospital and was later intergrated to hollymoor hospital my grandfather died there and i am having great difficulty getting hold of his medical records i think it was an...
  4. B

Balsall Heath.

Hello there i dont know Balsall heath though i am a brummie born and bred i do geneology for a hobby and one of my ancestors kept a pub at 175 clifton road balsall heath went by the name of John Lloyd if not any info on the road would do kind regards barry
  5. B

Wimbush Factory Little Green Lane.

Hi There I lived at 5 back of 71 little green lane almost opposite Wimbushes i can remember it was a regular accurance we used to scale the gates of a night time and raid the bins with the reject cakes etc,used to play on the bombed building opposite the cricketers arms where my old man used to...
Back