• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. K

Solihull, shirley, knowle soldiers

hope all these are of use to anyone
  2. K

more men from solihull area
  3. K

a few more
  4. K

some more for you all
  5. K

here are a few more
  6. K

just a few photos from newspapers of the time, of soldiers from around solihull.i will add more later on.
  7. K

Royal Warwickshire Regiment- Help Needed

hello ray do you know the name of the royal warwick in the photo, thanks kevan
  8. K

Lea Marston: Victoria Cross !

hello all here are some photos of Krinross VC from the Birmingham Gazette 1918 kevan
  9. K

Absent Voters List

thank you for looking kevan
  10. K

Absent Voters List

yes edward hughes was born in 1897 Aston. i would just like to know details on abscent voters list, if you have them thanks kevan
  11. K

Absent Voters List

Hello Linda many thanks for info, you have found him for me, i know he was at this address in 1924 as it on his wedding cert, can you tell me what regiment he was in and service number. thanks again kevan
  12. K

Absent Voters List

Hello i wonder if any can help me, im looking for to relatives who may have served in the great war, and might be in the bham absent voters list 1918-19 Edward Hughes royal warwickshire ? 4 Farm Place Wellesley Street, all saints or any other edward hughes from all saints, hockley, aston area...
  13. K

Norman Wakeman

hello here is a photo and info of Driver Wakeman from The Birmingham Illustrated Weely Mercury dated 28 April 1917. Kevan
  14. K

Arthur Vickers VC

last one kevan
  15. K

Arthur Vickers VC

Another from the Bham Gazette 1916 kevan
  16. K

Arthur Vickers VC

Here are a few more from local papers Lcpl Vickers VC Testimonial fund, held at Edgbaston Roller Skating Ring Vickers VC visit to old school Vickers VC home coming Vickers VC home coming Kevan
  17. K

fenn royal warwickshire regiment 202106

photo of pte Fenn grave
  18. K

pte fenn 9th warwicks headstone
  19. K

hello Kath here is photo of pte Fenn 9th Royal Warwicks headstone
  20. K

hello Kath here is info from The Birmingham Weekly Post 30th June 1917 Pte, Edwin Fenn, Warwicks (28) fell in German East Africa on May 31. He leaves a widow and two children at 4 The Elms, Marroway Street, Ladywood, Birmingham.
Back