• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. C

New unseen photos of brum

Dad used to work for Brooks saddles. Took me in there once -happy memories.
  2. C

The Outer Circle

My mom and dad often used to take me on the outercircle in the 50's. I remember once there was a calypso bandplaying on the front seats upstairs who played continuously around the whole route. Another time we were joined upstairs by a gang of teddy boys with bloodstained clothes. One had a...
  3. C

Sheldon shops

I remember Dr Redlich, she used to put the fear of god into me as a kid. I think she was Austrian although I may be wrong. John
  4. C

Sheldon

Just picked up some posts about the GPO sorting office in Sheldon. My Dad was a postie in the 50's and 60's and his sorting office was at The Swan, Yardley (I think it was on the main Coventry Road). He would catch a bus from there to the start of his "walk" which stretched from The Wheatsheaf...
Back