• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. G

College Farm 1870

My ascendants were all farmers / licensed victuallers around the Erdington area. Gt grandad was born on College farm in 1866 and I'm trying to find a map which would show where abouts it was. He was baptised at St Mary's Catholic church Maryvale if that's any help. Thanks for any help.
  2. G

photo of Charlie & Harriett

This photo came from down to me from my ggrandfather and my granda who came from the Birmingham area and Sutton Coldfield. Written on the back are just Xmas wishes "from Charlie and Harriet, to Hannah & Ted".I would love to know who they are. Would anyone recognise them?
  3. G

W Wort, photographer, Oscott

On the back of an old photo which we are trying to date, is "W Wort, Oscott". Would anyone know anything about him please? With thanks Glennys
  4. G

Fodens In Chester Road Streetly & Gnosall

Hello, I am following 2 people, father & son, from 1910 to the 30's. Both had their own business: James Foden, Harwicke Nursery, Landscape gardner, Chester Rd, Streetly, then the Swan Inn, Gnosall, Staffs in the 30's. James Mathews Foden, Garage Foden & Walters, Streetly around 1910-1920. If...
  5. G

Farms becoming Housing estates

Not sure about where I should be with this, I'm interested in the fate of the following farms: Kingstanding Farm (next to Royal Oak?), Perry Barr - Blakelands Farm & Booths Farm in Handsworth - Kettlehouse Farm - Park Farm. I guess they were all bought up by the towns/Birmingham? for housing...
  6. G

Author Giles Foden

Born in Warwickshire 1967, Giles Foden is a well known author (Last King of Scotland - Ladysmith....). Does anyone know him?
  7. G

Foden Maria ?

Maria Humphries b 1834 Walsall. Maria's husband Henry Foden died in 1872 (smallpox?) leaving her with 5 young children. They were the tenants of the Old Sun Inn in Sutton Coldfield. I believe she may have married again in 1874 to Charles Kent in Aston, but: - Could that have been Charles KEMP...
  8. G

Children of William Foden

Please can anyone help me finding the children of this couple: William Foden b Aston1830 d 1885 who married Eliza Horton in 1850; have found only one child Ellen Horton Foden b 1851. (In 1881 they were in the Royal Oak, Perry Common, Handsworth). I am trying to trace other children & specially...
  9. G

Little Sutton Churchyard

Great grandad was buried in Little Sutton churchyard in 1938. Does anyone know the church or its address pls?
  10. G

Driving Licenses 1900's

Would anyone know about how to research on driving licenses held by people in 1910 -1920 ? Grandad lived in Streetly and had a license in 1911-1916. What info would it likely show?
Back