• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. A

Book : "A century of Birmingham life: or, A chronicle of local events, from 1741 to 1841"

I have just come across this book, "A century of Birmingham life: or, A chronicle of local events, from 1741 to 1841" readable online (if you can cope with some slightly wonky characters resulting from the scanning). It looks to have a wealth of stories. You can find it at...
  2. A

Hugh Williams, chemist

Hi there, I have a Hugh Williams in the 1891 census, listed as "retired chemist" aged 40 (seems young to retire). He is living at 80 Balsall Heath Road. (Place of birth: Holywell, Flintshire, N Wales). I haven't been able to pin him down in the 1881 census. So I just wondered if he...
  3. A

St James Edgbaston Infant School, 1888

Hi there, This is really tied up with genealogy, but I wondered if anyone knew anything about St James Edgbaston Infant School - which does not appear still to exist. An inscription in a "Commentary on the New Testament" book shows that it was presented to my husband's grandmother (Ida...
Back