• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. chucka

Help with photo PLEASE !!!

Hi all, i have seen the magic some of you are able to do with old photo's, i have one of myself and a few mates taken in the Hen & Chickens Handsworth, around 1970, unfortunatly the one side of the pic has faded, wondered if anyone could help, would be most grateful if someone has the time to...
  2. chucka

Name of old Factory in Jewellery Quarter ?

Went on walkabouts around Hockley, Jewellery Quarter and Spring Hill on Wednesday, saw this old factory in Camden Drive, wondered if anyone knew the name of it. Chucka
  3. chucka

Clissold Street Hockley

Does anyone have any photo's of the street when the old houses were still standing PLEASE. Chucka
  4. chucka

Old gun battery site’s around Birmingham & nearby

sometime ago there was a thread on the gun emplacments around Brum during WW2. I have found these photos that i took some time ago at the top of Sandwell Valley, on the border of Handsworth, at one time you could see the floodlights of Villa Park, West Bromwich Albion and St Andrews from this...
  5. chucka

Child victims

Not only soldiers were victims of the war, look at the age of these children who were killed making someone rich.
  6. chucka

Calthorpe Park

Has anyone got any old snaps of the park please. Chucka
  7. chucka

Hot chestnut man

Does anyone remember the man who sold hot chestnuts from a cart in New Street ( i'm sure it was New St) i am going back some 50yrs, he served them in the triangle sweet bags.
  8. chucka

All Saints Church Hockley

Does anyone know what year All saints Hockley was demolished, had such a shock when i was in the area recently, havent been there for quite a few years. Chucka
  9. chucka

Birmingham Battalion Vets

Royal Warwickshire Birmingham Battalions parading to St Martins, i think in the 20s.
  10. chucka

Lyons tea house Snow Hill

As I have mentioned in other threads I have started, i can remenber lot's of places in Brum but cant put my finger on where they were situated, in the early 60s i used to make a delivery to Lyons and i am sure it was by Snow Hill Station, one cold morning the chef made me an ommelette but as i...
  11. chucka

Rookery Road dance hall Handsworth

Hi there, many, many years ago i used to go to dance hall in Rookery Rd, i think it was called the Plaza though i cant be sure as my memory seems older than me, i remember there used to be a pencil factory on the opposite side, can anyone remember going there and the name of it ? :rolleyes: Chucka
  12. chucka

Clissold Street

Hi there, I know this is a long shot but I have letters from a soldier serving in the 3rd Birmingham Pals (WW1) sent to his girlfriend Ethel Hill who lived at No 9 Clissold St, B/ham, would anyone remember the Hill family or have any photo's of Clissold St. PLEASE !!
Back