• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. D

7 de Guise Seymours Variety Act

Hi Pip do you have a cousin or Uncle named Roger M guise who went to Waverley Grammar school between 1955-60 & could now live in Leicestershire, he was also lead singer in a 60s band called Catch 22. I have been trying to trace him for a long time, hope you can help.
  2. D

Tamworth field trainspotting

There were 2 cries for clangers one was Clangers which was on the main line & baby clangers which meant a local or freight was coming on the platform, I also think this referred to Northbound lines. What I can't remember is what the other one was for the southbound? stoppers. I wait for...
  3. D

Birmingham Factory Football Teams

Hi do you remember the Summers brothers who I think played for BSA in that era?
  4. D

Where is This? 174

Olives cafe used to be a hairdressers run by Gladys Page who had 2 sons one was called Robin who would be about 69ish now.
  5. D

Nettlefolds Limited

I don't think you were in the CTO but the Methods dept. What years were you there? Dynaflow was the high tech forging depot with Raycarl M/cs. After leaving GKN I went to the company which sold Malmedie M/cs. Do you not remember Ray Beaman & Billy Jordan? Who were the other apprentices in your...
  6. D

Nettlefolds Limited

Malcolm Laws dad was foreman of Heath Street Mill & then he worked in the same shop as his Dad. Malcolm Pullen I last saw about 12 years ago working as a fitter at Lucas Holfords in Perry Barr. I worked for GKN S & F firstly in the Central Technical office & then in Dynaflow, I was there from...
  7. D

They Were Caught In Our Old Street Pics...

Do you remember what the arms were for on the lampposts, it was for the lamplighter & maintenance man to rest his ladder on.
  8. D

Formans Rd, Sparkhill.

Yes that would be him, let me know your full name & i will ask him if he remembers you.
  9. D

Formans Rd, Sparkhill.

It was Wendys brother Ken that I was referring to.
  10. D

Formans Rd, Sparkhill.

Did Wendy Guy have a brother Ken?
  11. D

Where and when was this incident?

Judging by the unburnt timber outside I would probably guess at Wartime & bombing.
  12. D

Hi Mike only trouble is when I looked at their site there were no copies available, well not that I could find. I can't open the document in your post sorry. cheers. Dave
  13. D

I have heard about this article in Steam World but have been unable to find the date of publication to try to get a copy, if anyone out there has this article could they put it on the site or let me have a copy please. Cheers.
  14. D

I never had any problems at New Street or Snow Hill in fact I don't recall any problems at Tamworth or Rugby either as one of the previous messages said. I still hope that someone has a log of a day at Tamworth from the 50s so that I can see what I would have seen over the day there but so far...
  15. D

Alex Hoopers Dance Hall. Stratford Road Sparkhill

Re: Alex Hooprers DanceHall. Stratford Road Sparkhill I don't know about her friend but she had a sister called Janice & she did go to Formans Road School.
  16. D

Re: Alex Hooprers DanceHall. Stratford Road Sparkhill My name is Dave Rock & I went out with a girl from Tyseley called Ann Moore, do you remember her? Cheers
  17. D

Re: Alex Hooprers DanceHall. Stratford Road Sparkhill Danny King now lives in Aldridge, Walsall. I used to love going to Hoopers & stopped going in about 1964 & graduated to the city centre club scene. Where did you live then Frog & what is your name please?
  18. D

Bordesley Station

There was a triangle which meant that MIdland freights could access the Western & a lot of the freights were hauled by LMS Stanier 2-8-0 locos. As far as I know western locos never made the trip on to LMS metals, I can remember seeing one of the Standard 2-10-0s on a freight crossing over the...
  19. D

Bordesley Station

The Bordesley incline was on the Midland region & Bordesley station was a Western region so it was mainly Midland freight on the line which went past KEGS Camp hill school, I was in the first intake of Waverley GS when they took over after the opening on KEGS new school at Kings Heath. We used...
  20. D

Small Heath Park (Victoria Park)

One of the houses either 136 or 138 sold cakes & the one time champion motorbike sidecar rider Chris Vincents wife worked there. It has happy memories for me as I was at Waverley from 1955-60.
Back