• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. B

Monkey run

My mom and dad met on the 'monkey run' one Sunday evening in the mid 1930's. Does anyone know where the term 'monkey run' came from? Where were the most popular monkey runs?
  2. B

Saltley Reformatory for boys

Does anyone know where I can find a photo of the Norton Boys' Reformatory that used to be on Fordrough Lane in Bordesley Green? I'm sure I've seen one somewhere. Barryjohn
  3. B

Alum Rock Road

I would like to look at the list of shops/businesses on Alum Rock Road (from The Gate to Highfield Road) in different years; for example 1901 and 1951. What's the easiest way to do this? barryjohn
  4. B

Birmingham streets named after people

Following the thread, Road and Street names: I am interested in finding the people who gave their names to roads in the Saltley/Bordesley Green areas. I can understand Charles, Bowyer and Adderley from reading the history of the area but I need help with the following: George Arthur Burbidge...
Back