• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Gillian Atkins

BEELEY Electoral Rolls

There you go Chris, let me know if you need more :)
  2. Gillian Atkins

Electoral Rolls 1939

Hi All Electoral Rolls for 1939 Birmingham have recently been added to this site. It is pay per view, but well worth it. I have had a few successes so far :) Gillian ;) https://www.midlandshistoricaldata.org/index.html
  3. Gillian Atkins

School nearest to Station Road, Witton

Hi Folks Does anyone know which school my Mom might have attended? She lived at 2 Station Road, Witton and would have attended school around 1930 ish. Also, would she have attended a primary and a secondary school or just the one. I think she left school when she was 14. :) Thank you ;)
  4. Gillian Atkins

New & Old Aerial Photographs

Hi All Just came across this link showing recent aerial photographs of Brum. Worth a look :) https://www.webbaviation.co.uk/birmingham/birmingham.htm
  5. Gillian Atkins

HOLLAND Peggy b1926 - 2 Station Road, Witton

Dear All I am looking for any information on: Peggy HOLLAND Born: 1926 Resided at: 2 Station Road, Witton Peggy may have been adopted as a 9 year old child after the death of her Gran Rose HOLLAND. Her surname could have possibly been changed to SWINBOURNE and might have lived in Aston Lane...
  6. Gillian Atkins

1911 Census - Early Release Date

Not sure if this has been posted before, but good news for those awaiting the release of the 1911 Cenus. See link: https://www.1911census.info/ Gillian :crazy2:
  7. Gillian Atkins

SWINBOURNE

Hi Folks I'm looking for any information on the family of SWINOURNE.  In particular Lillian Swinbourne and J Swinbourne possibly living in Aston Lane maybe up until 1969.  I believe that they adopted a daughter by the name of Peggy (formerly HOLLAND) around 1930ish.   Not sure if...
  8. Gillian Atkins

Atkins Family - 1900?

I hope someone out there can help :2funny:  I'm looking for information on the Atkins family in particular my Grandad John Charles Atkins who lived in Aston and was born round about 1900. He was I believe an electrician by trade.  He had three children: Cedric George Atkins b1925, Jack...
  9. Gillian Atkins

WW2 solider information needed

Hi Everyone My dad was a young army soldier in the Royal Engineers regiment. I know his army number which was 14422033.  Would anyone know where I could look to find any information on where he was posted during the war.  Any tips would be useful  :flower: :elephant: :cat Many thanks...
  10. Gillian Atkins

Bedstead Transferer and Foreman of a Flibbing Shop?

Hi Folks Can anyone enlighten me as to what a bedstead transferer was? I have an image in my head of someone walking around with a bed frame on their head! :D Also any ideas of what a flibbing shop was? ??? By the way I love this site, I've learned so much about my family's past. I feel...
  11. Gillian Atkins

Memories of Hockley in the 1930s

For all those interested in the history of Hockley Brook, I have a copy of the book 'A Paddle in Hockley Brook' by Ron Smith. Ron Smith writes in great detail, recollections of his past as a child growing up in Hockley during the 1930's.  My Mom and Dad lived in Heaton Street, Hockley for a...
  12. Gillian Atkins

Atkins Cedric George

Can anyone provide information on the parents of Cedric George Atkins born in 1925 Aston.  I believe his mother died and his father re-married Gertrude Voilet Bolton.  When Cedric was a boy he used to help run a pub with his parents in Aston and later worked for Ansells Brewery.  Not...
  13. Gillian Atkins

Surname Search Holland

Hi Can anyone shed any light on the surname 'Holland'.  My great grandparents Richard and Martha Holland lived at 39 Chattaway Street, Aston. and had a daughter named Florrie. My own surname is Atkins and both my parents Hazel and Cedric Atkins were born and raised in Aston.  Any...
Back