• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. T

regiment identification

He was stationed in India at the time date approx. 1916 lived in Birmingham before signing up Harry Gordon Griffiths 1884
  2. T

Griffiths Willaim & Laura Emma nee Palmer

Taken by HH Greenway, Alpha Studio, Victoria Tavern, Dursley I think around 1888 but not sure. The picture isn't that clear, is it possible to make some improvement.
  3. T

Palmer and Eddos or Eddowes

I ordered the wrong marriage cert. I don't know if anyone can use this information. Thomas Palmer 20 profession caster, married Jane Eddos 19 March 22 1858 At St Peters & St Pauls Church in the Parish of Aston, Warwickshire Residence at time of marriage Duddeston Father of Thomas -...
  4. T

Griffiths

I have searched ancestry, find my past, genes reunited, IGI but can't find the birth of my gt grandfather William Jura Griffiths, in an old family bible I found a possible date of Nov 25 1851 Birmingham His father was William Griffiths mother Eleanor Jane His father was a boot manufacture...
  5. T

Thomas Palmer, Carriage Lamp Maker

My gt, gt, Thomas Palmer was listed in the 1861 & 1871 census as being a carriage lamp maker. In the 1871 census it has him as a Master carriage lamp maker Employing 5 men, 4 boys, 3girls. The address was Bull St, Kings Norton, I don't know if this is the home or business address. Would it be...
  6. T

Soldiers in India

Hi, Could anyone help me on where to look for information on soldiers who were stationed in British India times. I have found limited information so far, looking for. Micheal Durr born 1845 in Ireland, died 1889 India which said he was a conductor in commis dept. Don't know his regiment or...
  7. T

Griffiths, Palmer, Eddowes in Birmingham

I recently found this site and hope someone can help me. I don't have access to a lot of info in Birmingham anymore as I moved to Vancouver, Canada in 1962. I started my family ancestry which I find addicting and frustrating but won't quit. I'm looking for info on William Jura Griffiths born...
Back