• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. richardinwales

computer help

For those here who watch YouTube and are peed off with the constand adverts, Brave browser automatically blocks the adds
  2. richardinwales

computer help

Tor is popular for those browsing the 'dark web'. VPN's are popular with expats living in Spain et at so they can get their corrie street/emerdale/eastenders 'fix' ;)
  3. richardinwales

IN OUR GARDEN 2023

Woke up here in Wales to horizontal rain and 30-50mph gusts, great start to spring lol
  4. richardinwales

computer help

Bit of a PS, my daughter has the fibre 500 two children so typically she'll be streaming, grandson will be gaming and granddaughter play something or vid chatting with mates and its all fast and smooth, in reality I don't need the fibre 900 and will drop to fibre 500 when my contract is up for...
  5. richardinwales

computer help

I've been with them for years moved home twice never had an issue with a transfer and always had a rock solid connection, as have my two children. I'm on Fibre 900, comes with the Eero Pro 6 mesh system,download speeds come in around 950 and an up speed of around 115 and the wifi covers all the...
  6. richardinwales

If you could live anywhere in Birmingham, where would it be?

If not Moseley then it would be here, a Welsh farmhouse my stepfather bought in 1967 for a pittance and where he and mom retired to full time in 1974...two labs, geese, chickens...happy days :)
  7. richardinwales

Windows 10

On a day to day basis you'll not see any difference between 11 and 10
  8. richardinwales

MY FIRST/SECOND GRANDCHILD

My two are the lad, 14 and and the lass is 10 next Friday. Love them to bits, its like having your children again but these have a much better returns policy :)
  9. richardinwales

If you could live anywhere in Birmingham, where would it be?

Back to Grove Avenue in Moseley, I had great teenage years living there.
  10. richardinwales

MERRY CHRISTMAS BHF 2022

Just a quick post to wish you all a wonderful Christmas and good health and happiness for 2023
  11. richardinwales

Bruised toe!

Take anti inflammatory meds, ibuprofen to help with pain and bring the swelling down and you can use paracetamol with it as well but not ibuprofen and aspirin at the same time. Elevate your foot, wear loose fitting socks/stockings/slippers and partake of a night time brandy or a glass of...
  12. richardinwales

Ogwen Cottage Mountain School, Bethesda

I never went on a camp as such but there was an 'Expedition Club' in School so there were trips mostly to Snowdnia and one or two to the Brecon Beacons. Did anybody here go on an Outward Bound course at Ogwen Cottage which was for a number of years owned and run by brum council...
  13. richardinwales

Thanksgiving 2022

A very good old friend of ours (an American) lives in New Jersey and like a lot of men handles the BBQ well but his specialty is deep frying whole turkey's :)
  14. richardinwales

Junction of Hagley Road with Monument Road, Edgbaston

Your right MWS, in my youth I was bar cellarman at the Ivy Bush and Lloyds was opposite. The 'Bush' was a busy pub back then and I'd order the beer. From memory we'd go through nine or ten Hogshead (54 gallon) of cask conditioned Brew XI, seven or eight Barrels (36 gallon) of mild, about the...
  15. richardinwales

Some Houses (now demolished) in Temple Row

Lovely write up, can you imagine how much those houses would sell for these days.
  16. richardinwales

1st Aeroplane Flight

My first ever holiday flight was Elmdon to Guernsey with IIRC British Midland Airways on a twin prop in 1960. As we (mom and I) walked on the stewardesses were giving out sick bags and barley sugar sweets because they expected turbulence which as it turned out never happened...happy days :)
  17. richardinwales

In the garden 2022

Together with Satan's food, avocados. Hope you all enjoyed Halloween with the grandkids etc.
  18. richardinwales

A 1950s Childhood: From Tin Baths to Bread and Dripping

I've just finished this book and its an easy read, learnt nothing new but it did jog my memory with many happy events coming to mind https://www.amazon.co.uk/1950s-Childhood-Baths-Bread-Dripping/dp/0752450115?fbclid=IwAR269NYphZ62_B5eAgYs6MO0YkySij-94uOwDML_jmJKPTdRarCQnvk-cOk Mine is the...
  19. richardinwales

computer help

The minute mommy and daddy register your birth your in the system and there is no dropping out. What harm does all the 'tracking' do you? Nothing in real terms so I simply don't care if Google knows where I am and in fact its useful if your searching for something local, speeds up the search...
Back