• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. M

St Michaels RC School Floodgate Street

Hello Bob sadly we did not have any response so it was just the usual group who meet up every couple of month who came. what year did you leave Bob? Maureen x
  2. M

Hello Would anyone be interested in a reunion of ex pupils of St. Michael's RC Secondary School Floodgate Street? All are welcome but especially if you finished school in the summer of 1965. We shall be meeting at the Robin Hood Pub on the Stratford Road Hall Green on Friday 17th May 2013 from...
  3. M

Hello Would anyone be interested in a reunion of ex pupils of St. Michaels RC Secondary School Floodgate Street? All are welcome but especially if you finished school in the summer of 1965. We shall be meeting at the Robin Hood Pub on the Stratford Road Hall Green on Friday 17th May 2013 from...
  4. M

152 Coldbath Road Hall Green

Hello Phil Me and my dippy digit!!!!!!! No It is Coldbath Road but I intended to put Moseley. The reason for my inquiry is we are doing family research and find that my husband's great grandmother is recorded as dyiny at 152 Coldbath Road but her place of residence is recorded as their...
  5. M

152 Coldbath Road Hall Green

Hello Would anyone know if there was a nursing home or hospital at this address in the 1960's. I think it would have been around where Mosley Golf Club is now Hope someone can help MJS
  6. M

Hello Brummiel I canot recall your mom or aunt but if they are 10+ years older maybe I wouldn't. Maybe you could ask your uncle if he remembers Maureen Hodgetts ( my maiden name ) Take care Maureen
  7. M

Birmingham Street Name Origins

Edit. This thread covers street name origins. There is also a thread covering place names here: https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/place-name-origins.18409/ ..................................................................................................... Hello I am...
  8. M

Go away sis start your own old school thread. maureenxx
  9. M

Adam and Eve - Bradford Street Bordesley

Thanks for clearing that up Mike . Maureenxx
  10. M

Hello again Just had a word with Hubby and his grandparents lived at 199 Bradford Street. Maureenx
  11. M

October 2008 edition Lucas article by Jackie Hill, article on Joseph Ash

Hello again Jean I have telephoned and left amessage I do hope they will be able to help. Thanks again maureenxx
  12. M

Brian How can you not remember me. I am heart broken. I do have some old photographs but will take a time to sort out. yes I married into an Italian family but no he did not go to St. Michaels he lived in the posh part of birningham. It was then Sheldon near the airport. No I did not see...
  13. M

Birmingham in 1970s

Good morning I worked at Girling's in Tysely during this time . I worked in the wages office and remember well the problems caused . I also got married in 1973 and I thought that the three day week was happening then too or maybe I am getting confused with the electricity blackouts. I do...
  14. M

Good morning Kieron I do not think it was the shop. I am sure there is a photograph somewhere of one of the family standing outside the house. My husbands mother's sister Olga Brenni did an article some time ago for Carl Chinn. We had a copy of this article but seem to have lost it. I am...
  15. M

October 2008 edition Lucas article by Jackie Hill, article on Joseph Ash

Good morning I wonder if anyone could be of help to me. I would like to get a copy of an old article or the edition of the magazine it appeared in. We did have the magazine but it seems to have disappeared. thank you Maureenxx
  16. M

Hello I went to St Michaels I left in 1965. I remember Joe Parker and not with fond memories. He taught us French and was constantly having a drink from a hip flask which he said was "cough medicine" Mr Halsay took us for Geography he was a gentle giant really. Did Miss Bently take the...
  17. M

Hello My husband's mother and her family used to live next doo to the Adam and Eve in the1930's. Not strictly to do with the pub but I thought I would share that piece if information with you anyway Maureenx
Back