• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Phil B

Perrott Street, Winson Green

Can anyone (Mike) pin-point number 1 Perrott Street with a street plan, please? Now oldmaps is no longer accessible I'm having trouble finding an alternative map website. I'm trying to find the house where my Great Uncle Samuel Simmonds lived. He later lived at 26 Perrott Street when he married...
  2. Phil B

Those Who Served...

?
  3. Phil B

Chandelier manufacturers

Can anyone please help with any information on Thomas Horton Bird, who might be my Great Grandfather. I have found this clip from the "London Gazette" of 1883 referring to a change in ownership of his business. Also does anyone know where Saint Mark Street and Ingleby Street are? Thanks Phil
  4. Phil B

Herbert John Webb info request - Worcester Reg.

Hi everyone, Can anyone help with more information about my Great Uncle Herbert John Webb, born 1899 Birmingham? I've recently found out he served with the 12th Battalion Gloucester Regiment, number 039104 but previous to this he was in the Worcester Regiment, number 326059. I was wondering...
  5. Phil B

Charles William Page Motor Driver Army Service Corps

Please can anyone help in finding details of my grandfather, Charles William Page? All I know is, in 1917, according to my mother’s birth certificate, he was a “Private in the Army Service Corps as a Motor Driver” and he was from the Birmingham area, possibly Aston. On my mother’s marriage...
  6. Phil B

WW1 Look up for Charles William Page

Can any one help with information regarding the Service Record for Charles William Page. The only facts I know are he was from Birmingham, probably Winson Green or Hockley area, and he was a Private in the Army Service Corps as a "Motor Driver". Anything would be welcome. Phil
  7. Phil B

Little king st hockley

Does anyone have an old map showing where Little King Street was? I believe it was perhaps in the Hockley area, as Great King Street still exists here. Thanks
  8. Phil B

Request for old map of Dudley

Can anyone please help with providing an old street map of "Snow Hill" (not Birmingham) and "Springs Mire" in Dudley around 1870's. I believe I may have some ancesters from these two areas. Many thanks.....Phil
  9. Phil B

Bird John Edward and his family.

When is to late to wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR? Can anyone help, please! I’m having a lot of difficulty finding birth details of my great Grandfather, John Edward Bird. The only details I have are that he was married on the 9th May 1891 at the age of 24 to Ellen Norman aged 23. His father...
  10. Phil B

Bird John Edward

Please can any one help? I’m new to this site and to researching my Family History. I'm trying to find the exact birth date of my great grandfather John Edward Bird. I know he was married on 9th May 1891, at the age of 24, to Ellen Norman and he died 11th March 1895, at the age of 27. So his...
Back