• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Tacitus

You think you've seen it all on ebay . . . and then . . .

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320546326526&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123 T
  2. Tacitus

Food Office Orange Juice

Can anyone remember this "nectar" that we used to have in early to mid-50's. (probably went back to the war years) I remember it having a gorgeous taste so I am wondering if it was some sort of Government concoction to ensure we all got a proper dose of vitamins. But how did it work? Did our...
  3. Tacitus

Stevie Wonder In Birmingham In 1963

I wonder if you guys can please help me with this. I am trying to find out when and where the 13 year old Stevie Wonder made a live appearance in the Birmingham area in 1963 (most likely August onwards). This was the first visit to the U.K. by any of the Motown artists. It was 18 months before...
  4. Tacitus

Wired Flower Pot Holder Seller

I am sure this photo is somewhere in this forum - and someone wrote "I wish I knew what she is selling". Well I went to the Birmingham Seen exhibition for the second time today - and this photo is included in the exhibition - and it has a title/description. She is actually selling wire flower...
  5. Tacitus

200 years of Nelson in the Bull Ring

Hi I have just made a post in the "Statues and Monuments" section about the bi-centenary of the Nelson statue in the Bull Ring. https://forum.birminghamhistory.co.uk/showthread.php?p=178195#post178195 I am working on an exhibition for the Central Library and there are a couple of images that...
  6. Tacitus

200 years of Nelson in the Bull Ring

Hi Folks, I'm not sure how many people have noticed - but 2009 is the bi-centenary year of the Nelson statue in the Bull Ring. It was unveiled on 25th October 1809. The statue has various claims to fame. It was the very first public statue in Birmingham and also the first statue of Nelson...
Back