• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. M

Birmingham Courts housing

Can anyone please help me with the set up of the court housing. I understand some were back to back but I have a family on 1851 census and as far as I can tell it is No1 court, 1 House Birmingham Municiple ward St Paul. All the ones on the same page above have what looks to be Holland Street...
  2. M

Baptism in Sedgley but which Church?

Hello I have located a baptism on the IGI that just states, Sedgley, Stafford in 1845. Would anyone be able to tell me if this would have been All Saints or not. I am not familiar with the area but have read a little bit about All Saints but I am totally unsure if this would be the correct...
  3. M

Stour Street - Smarts Buildings.

Hi everyone I'm very new to this site and very new to Birmingham history so please forgive me if I'm duplicating anything. I have recently found a new family who appear to have lived in Birmingham and I am trying to find out about a building called Smarts Building (s) on Stour Street. I have...
Back