• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. M

Birmingham Courts housing

Hi brummienick, no - I am sorry but it was an error on my part I should have put 1861 but I typed 1851 by mistake. My family were called Bannister.
  2. M

Hi Phil and Mikejee, thanks so much that's brilliant, just what I was looking for. x
  3. M

Can anyone please help me with the set up of the court housing. I understand some were back to back but I have a family on 1851 census and as far as I can tell it is No1 court, 1 House Birmingham Municiple ward St Paul. All the ones on the same page above have what looks to be Holland Street...
  4. M

St Mary's Chapel Whittall Street

Thanks Wendy from that angle it looks a lot bigger than I imagined it to be. Also I just located this area on the map and found out it was the 'gun quarter' well that fits in well with me too because the man of the house was a gun maker. Thank you again.
  5. M

Wendy and Key Hill Brian, thank you both, I can now look for further info and know where I am looking. Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.
  6. M

I've located a burial in 1817 via ancestry that tells me it took place at the Chapelry of St Mary, Birmingham, Warwick. I am not familiar with the churches in that area but I have seen a few St Mary's i.e St Mary's Whittall Street, St Mary's Harborne ?RC, St Marys Anglican Parish Hamstead Road...
  7. M

Baptism in Sedgley but which Church?

Ah right, I was on the actual Baptism page, that's why I didn't have the option. Have found it now from the opening page. Thank you
  8. M

Hi Rosie thanks for your reply. I haven't got the option of catalog. I have batch number which I can click on and there are film numbers but it won't let me click those. Maggie
  9. M

Hi Maggs thanks would that be All Saints?
  10. M

Hello I have located a baptism on the IGI that just states, Sedgley, Stafford in 1845. Would anyone be able to tell me if this would have been All Saints or not. I am not familiar with the area but have read a little bit about All Saints but I am totally unsure if this would be the correct...
  11. M

Stour Street - Smarts Buildings.

Hi mikejee Thank you so much, this now gives me a place to start to work with. I was trying to visualise what the housing could have been like, this is great. Thanks again.
  12. M

Stour Street - Smarts Buildings.

Hi everyone I'm very new to this site and very new to Birmingham history so please forgive me if I'm duplicating anything. I have recently found a new family who appear to have lived in Birmingham and I am trying to find out about a building called Smarts Building (s) on Stour Street. I have...
Back