• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. pedlarman

Dartmouth Street School

'Morning All, I attended Dartmouth Street Junior School from about 1935ish, while Mr. Perry was teaching there. He was a bit old even then and my dad told me Mr. Perry had been one of his teachers. Mr.Perry was still there when war was declared in 1939, so I guess Dartmouth Street had run...
  2. pedlarman

Claverdon Street

Hi, Mike, Ernie, Phil, Do any of you experts on the 'Old End' have any maps that might tell me where Claverdon Street may have been in 1881? I'd be obliged if you could guide me there... Cheers, Jim Pedley (pedlarman)
  3. pedlarman

Holborn Hill

Hi, Folks, I have just received a Birth Certificate - my grandad's! - which says that his mom and dad were living at Holborn Hill, Aston, at the time of his birth in 1871. Can anyone tell me where Holborn Hill is - or was? Cheers, Jim Pedley (pedlarman) :)
Back