• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. S

Percival Royle Peers 1874....1952

Please could someone look up a coroner's report on the death of this man. He was apparently last seen alive on 23rd Jan 1952 & found dead on the 29th Jan. The last address I can find for him is 6 back 198 St Stephens St in 1950. He doesn't appear to have married & as far as I can tell he was an...
  2. S

Lee Crowder, solicitors

Does anyone know who the Crowder was. My g grandmother was a Crowder & I´m trying to see if there is a link, although I am aware that there were at least 2 unrelated Crowder families in Brum in the mid-late 1800s 24.2.2013. Nobody any ideas??? Oh well.Back to the drawing board.
  3. S

Norman Nellie

Looking for info about this lady who was my mother´s half sister. She was born in Bradford in 1908. Following her mother´s death, her father re married & in around 1927 the family moved to Birmingham. Nellie & one of her sisters went with them. At some point around 1930-32 there was a huge...
  4. S

Measles epidemic

Does anyone know anything about a measles epidemic in Birmingham around 1925-1930 ? A cousin is sure that her father´s sister´s husband & child died in the outbreak, but can´t find any relevent deaths in the Kings Norton area.
  5. S

Amberley school

Can anyone tell me anything about this school? It was a private school, pretty sure it was called Amberley & it was on Coleshill Road, just opposite the Metro Cammell sports ground. It was a big old house which stood back from the road & next door to it a vet´s surgery was built in the 60s. My...
  6. S

Sewell Alfred Henry

Alf was born in 1874 to Thomas Sewell & Esther Crowder & was my gran´s older brother. Can´t find him anywhere in 1901 or 1911 by which time he was married to his first wife. The family knew her as Millie, but she was probably Amelia. he was an electro plater & as far as I know lived in...
  7. S

Davis Caroline Baptism look up please

William Davis & his wife Sarah had their daughter Caroline bapt 2.3.1818 at St Martin. Am hoping that there may be some clue to father´s occupation on the original entry, because I think it may be William Davis who was a soldier with the 40th foot & brother of my 3xg grandfather John Sanders...
  8. S

Morris/Binloss marriage.

Please could someone give me the details of the marriage between John Morris & Margaret Binloss 14.7.1840 St Martin, in particular, fathers names & whether either of them was widowed. Marion
  9. S

Clarke/Babbington

Please does anyone have any memory of Ellen (Nellie) Clarke who died 1938 at 4back19 Alfred Street Handsworth. She had several children who would have been adults by the time she died,3 with the surname Babbington, Ellen, Rosie & Ernest, plus Lilian & William Clarke. There may well have been...
  10. S

B´ham theatre

The story goes that my grandparents met when my grandfather was working in a theatre which was in the building which became the Kings Hall Market in around 1910. He was supposed to have had a bad accident & injured his back while he was there & hence was never called up to the army in WW1. Can...
  11. S

Crowder (John & Fanny)

Have been looking for nearly 20 years for a marriage between John Crowder & Frances Parker. Gold star for anyone who can find it. John Crowder was born in Birmingham 2.5.1817 & bapt at St Martin 25.9.1817. Frances Parker was born 24.12.1816. Their eldest child was born 1836/7. Have the cert for...
  12. S

Zouch family

My grandfather´s sister Emma Davis married Alfred Goodwin Zouch 1 Aug 1914. They appear to have just had 1 child, a son also called Alfred Goodwin Zouch b31.8.1917. He married twice & had 3 children, all sons. Alf jnr died 1999 in Torquay. There seems to be two families of Zouches, all with...
Back