• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Louis Dalby

BSA Armoury Road Small Heath.

Just a few pictures of my workmates and friends https://www.flickr.com/photos/g1ulz/sets/72157622597337102/
  2. Louis Dalby

Kings Norton Motor Cycle Club

I am looking for Billy Reynolds who worked with me at the BSA. I think he maybe a member of the above club. The attached shows him with a group of he's fellow testers. Can anyone help ??. Lou Dalby Ex BSA Test. Click on the title bar to open...
  3. Louis Dalby

John ( Jack ) Dalby

Died 7th June 1944 Normandy. At rest Hermanville War Cemetey Calvados, France.
  4. Louis Dalby

Bala Jun - Blaenau Festiniog

The attached pictures show the last train on this line 27 / 01/ 1961. The line was closed so that Lly Celyn could be extended, the road ( A 4212 ) was rebuilt at a higher level. The train started from Snow Hill and went via Llangollen. This train featured on BBC Railway Roundabout 1961...
  5. Louis Dalby

The Cherry arbour stratford road

I am looking for info on the Cherry arbour which was in Stratford Sreet Sparkhill. My mothers Grandfather Louis Litherland was the landlord in the 20's
  6. Louis Dalby

Cherryharbour Pub Stratford St

Hi, I am looking for info on the Cherryharbour public house in Stratford Street Sparkhill. The landlord was Louis Litherland I think who was my mothers Grandfather. Grateful for any info.
  7. Louis Dalby

Arthur Gwynne

Would some one be kind enough to look in the above for a Arthur Gwynne ( My Grandfather ) who lived in Avon Street Sparkhill until they were bombed out c1941. Thanks Lou Dalby.
  8. Louis Dalby

It Started in 1918

Just a few lines how the Dalby family became involved with the Motor Cycle.
  9. Louis Dalby

BSA Testers.

A picture sent to me by Joe Brown of he's brother Dennis. The house's on the left have long disappeared BSA Testers in Armoury Road on Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3271/2902375199_9bab0c658a.jpg?v=0@@AMEPARAM@@2902375199@@AMEPARAM@@9bab0c658a
  10. Louis Dalby

Avon Coaches

Who remembers Avon Coaches, before ww2 they where in Ivor Road Sparkhill but I think they moved later. They where popular with my family has they did trips to my uncle's Pub at Haselor and my auntie's ice cream shop at Henley. I wonder who arranged that ??. Olive Fathers. on Flickr - Photo...
  11. Louis Dalby

Smith's Coaches Stratford Road

I have attached a picture of a Smith's Bedford OB. It was taken on a day trip to Cheddar Gorge. To see picture click on the title. HON 225 at Cheddar on Flickr - Photo...
  12. Louis Dalby

George amos dalby

George Amos Dalby was my Grandfather, he owned a garage in Bakers Street Sparkhill. At the end of WW1 many Ex War Dept motor bikes where made available, he designed a kit of parts to convert them from chain / belt to all chain drive. He rode in many events in the Midlands in the 1920's. Note...
Back