• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. E

Cox John Brotherton

Hello I am looking for descendants of John Brotherton COX born 1809 Birmingham, John Brotherton COX born 1838 Birmingham, also John COX born 1783 born Birmingham. I would be delighted if anyone is related to these individuals as I am trying to confirm whether my great granddad is related to...
  2. E

Were the 2 Churches Near?

I have looked on google maps for this and it seems to show a few minute walk or so, but I thought I would ask this question to see if anyone local can help. Two children of a couple were baptised within 2 years of each other at St John Deritend (1770 and 1772), 2 years later (1774) up to 13...
  3. E

Information on Passengers

Hope someone can help with this question.:) Is there any where I can find out more information regarding passengers that were on a passenger list in 1915. On ancestry it gives the name, the age, where sailing from, where sailed to, the name of the ship and their occupation. I am hoping to find...
  4. E

Iron Moulder

Iron Moulder (do not need help with this now) Hello Does anyone know whether the occupation of an iron moulder could of been connected with an electroplater in any way? Many thanks for help. Ewan
  5. E

To Gunsmith?

I haven't been able to find my William Cox:rolleyes: on the 1861 census, born 1833 Birmingham. A silver plater in 1851, a silversmith in 1852 and 1859, 1877 a jeweller, 1881 electro metallurgist (plated ware) and in 1891 silver plater and gilder. There is a gunsmith born 1834 Birmingham living...
  6. E

Birmingham Library Search

This isn't a straight forward check of Aston Juxta parish records, so if it is not possible I do understand, but thank you if there is anyone that is able to help me. A Thomas Cox and an Ann Asston were married, according to the IGI at Aston Juxta in 1769. I am trying to find out if they had...
  7. E

Home for Young Females?

Does anyone know if there was any such 'home' for young girls at Monument Road Birmingham? The year I believe that someone lived there was 1942. Any help appreciated. Ewan
  8. E

Baptisms

Just a few remaining baptisms from St Martins they I need checking out please, if Shera or anyone else can help with please. Samuel 01.08.1791 James Thomas 01.10.1789 Phebe 16.05.1787 Rosanna 20.06.1785 John 13.06.1783 On the IGI the parents are Thomas and Ann, these baptisms are extracted...
  9. E

Thomas Blakemore Cox - Marriage

This request may involve a bit more searching than normal, so I understand if it can not be undertaken. I am looking for a marriage between at Thomas Blakemore Cox and an Ann ? There are baptism records on the IGI approximately between 1800 and 1817 of children belonging to the above couple...
  10. E

Thomas and Ann Marriage

There is a marriage on the IGI between a Thomas Cox and an Ann Justin, according to the IGI it took place on the 16 May 1779 at St Martins. Please can anyone with access to these records ... Shera :) if you don't mind look to see about any other details that are in this recorrd. Thank you in...
  11. E

Is this the same couple?

On the IGI there are 6 children baptised of a Thomas and Ann Cox, they are submitted entries. Thomas 1777 Elizabeth 1775 Frances Blakemore 1774 Sampson Blakemore 1776 Michael 1779 Phebe 1780 There are also 5 children baptised of a Thomas and Ann Cox, they are extracted records. James...
  12. E

Any More Children

John Cox married a Sarah Brotherton in 1806 at Edgbaston, I have one record of a baptism of their son John Brotherton Cox 1810 at St Philips. Is there a way that I could find out if the couple had any more children? Help with finding this out greatly appreciated. Ewan
  13. E

Knight Street?

I have a record from 1828 with the address being Knight Street, any ideas anyone whereabouts this Street was please? Many thanks Ewan
  14. E

Edgbaston Marriage 1833

I don't think I have requested this one previously, I have searched on the search facility and I don't think I have. I do apologise in advance if I have though.:) Does anyone have details of the marriage between a John Brotherton Cox and an Eliza Rosbee that took place on the 31 March 1833...
  15. E

Were They Related?

I am trying to establish whether 2 gentlemen who were on the Isle of Man between 1892 and 1901 could of been related to each other. One was born in 1833 Birmingham baptised at St Phillips and the other one was born in Birmingham in 1838 also baptised at St Phillips. The first one died on the...
  16. E

Edgbaston Marriage

Hello Does anyone have access to Edgbaston parish records? There is a marriage on the IGI between a John Cox and a Sarah Brotherton it took place on the 20 January 1806. I am hoping to find out who the witnesses were to this marriage if anyone can help please. Ewan
  17. E

John Brotherton Cox

Can anyone help please by looking in Kellys to see if a John Brotherton Cox was listed? He was a Boarding House Keeper in Handsworth, and died in that area in 1909. I am interested to know how early he was listed if he is at all listed as he had been living in another part of the UK. Thank you...
  18. E

Where Were These 2 Roads?

In 1841 I have 2 addresses from the census taken, they are an Upper Tower Street and a Howard Street both in the parish of St George Birmingham. Can anyone help out please by telling me where these 2 roads were situated in relation to each other or is there an online facility where I can...
  19. E

Moody and Cox Marriage

I would be grateful if someone could look at the marriage parish record please of a Patience Moody and a William Cox. The marriage is on the IGI as taking place on the 29 April 1811, I was hoping to find more details of the couple and of the marriage. Thank you for any help.:) Ewan
  20. E

In a Mess

I have from the IGI a marriage between a John Cox and a Sarah Brotherton in 1806 Edgbaston. There is a birth of a John Brotherton Cox in 1838, baptised St Phillips Birmingham a son of John Brotherton Cox and Eliza . Can someone help me out of the pickle I have found myself in with this please...
Back