• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. G

Rededication Ceremony South African War Memorial Cannon Hill Park

Hi, I noticed the information relating to Boer War Memorial on Cannon Hill and felt that I must post a reply. I collect medals and relics from that campaign. Whilst in London recently I visited an Antique and Militaria shop looking for interesting medals. I have been on the lookout for a Queens...
  2. G

My Grandas marches on Anzac Day.

At this time of year when so many of us remember those lost in war I thought that I would mention a Children's book printed in 2006. As the name implies it is about a young girl who attends the Anzac Day Dawn Service with her father and grandfather. She then stays on with her Dad to watch her...
  3. G

A Poem for Remembrance Day

Hi Dib, Thank you for sharing the very moving poem. Thinking of my grandfather George Abraham Ward from Aston. Died in France April 1917 while serving with the Worcestershire Regt. One of those not mentioned in the Birmingham Hall of Memory. Kind...
  4. G

Cadbury's Bournville Factory

Re: Cadbury's Bournville I have in my collection a book "Bournville Works and the War 1914 - 1919" 30 plus pages including a Roll of Honour, Decorations etc. It is surprising how many different units and regiments the employees in. Regards, George
  5. G

Military Badges and Sweetheart Brooches

Hi Cromwell, What a great collection of sweetheart badges. Thanks for sharing it with us. George
  6. G

Aston WW1 memorial

Hi, My grandfather George Abraham Ward died in April 1917 while serving with the Worcestershire Regt. He was born and lived in the Aston area. He attended St James the Less Church. Does anybody know if there is any memorial in or around Aston. I believe the church was demolished...
Back