• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. L

How To Print Forum Threads

I generally use Firefox as my web browser & trying to print from it only lets me print the first page of a thread. If I use Internet Explorer, all pages print as required, so it suggests it's a Firefox issue. The operating system on my laptop is Windows 7, rather than later versions of Windows...
  2. L

Thanks oldMohawk. I'll give that a try.
  3. L

Hi Radiorails. Thanks for your reply. The forum thread I'm trying to print is a thread which I started. As the Forum Rules state that I own the copyright to my messages, surely printing a thread which I started isn't an infringement? Other genealogy forums enable printing of threads. I want...
  4. L

Can someone advise please how I can print a complete forum thread. Using my browser print function only prints the first page. I've searched for advice on BHF but can't find anything. Thanks.
  5. L

Kinlet Grove, Northfield

Ah, thanks mikejee, that's very helpful. Comparing the 1965 roads with todays roads on Google Maps/Street View shows that the whole area was recently redeveloped then. Does anyone know why? Were these houses the council houses which I think were known as Boot houses, with structural...
  6. L

Kinlet Grove, Northfield

Does anyone recall Kinlet Grove in Northfield? It doesn't appear in online street maps. There is a Kinlet Avenue although Google Streetview shows this to be a recently built road of dwellings. Where was Kinlet Grove in relation to existing roads or Kinlet Avenue? What happened to Kinlet...
  7. L

James Robert Srawley & Louisa Elizabeth Srawley (nee Yarnall) of B'ham & Warwickshire

Re: James Robert Srawley & Louisa Elizabeth Srawley (nee Yarnall) of B'ham & Warwicks Thanks pjmburns & carolina for your replies. I do have access to Ancestry & have checked their online Electoral Registers for 47 Kenelm Road for 1945, 1950 & 1955. James & Louisa Srawley are not listed at the...
  8. L

James Robert Srawley & Louisa Elizabeth Srawley (nee Yarnall) of B'ham & Warwickshire

Hope I've posted this in the correct place! I am trying to find where James Robert Srawley, his wife Louisa Elizabeth Srawley (nee Yarnall) & their family were living after 1939. Up until 1939, the Electoral Registers have them living at 47 Kenelm Road, Small Heath but the Registration...
  9. L

Hannah's Greetings Card Wholesalers, Lozells

Thanks Kathsutton 46 & sospiri. The location at 2A Lozells Street fits in with what the location my mother described - near to Lozells Road & near Burbury Street. If anyone has any more information about them, or even a photo, that would be great.
  10. L

Hannah's Greetings Card Wholesalers, Lozells

I'm trying to trace Hannah's Greetings Card Wholesalers of Lozells, who I understand had premises off Lozells Road, maybe in the vicinity of Burbury Street. My mother worked there in the early 1950's, until 1955. If anyone can tell me the address of their premises & any other information about...
  11. L

William Henry Gardner Born About 1892 - WW1 South Staffordshire Regiment

Thanks for your reply subotone. I had wondered whether Gardner might have been mis-spelt Gardener or Gardiner in Army records & the Pte W H Gardiner you have found makes a possible four individuals if he is added to the three William Gardners who apparently served with the South Staffordshire...
  12. L

Barrie, I'm much obliged to you. I'll see if I can find any records on Ancestry for the two William Henry Gardner's you mention. Thanks for your help.
  13. L

Barrie, Thanks for that. I have a few queries if you could help please: * As these two William Henry Gardner's appear in the Absent Voters List, does this mean that, in 1918, the addresses stated are their normal home addresses & that they were temporarily away from those addresses in the...
  14. L

Can someone help please with information about William Henry Gardner. The information I have is: * Born about 1892, place unknown. * Father George Gardner, boot finisher, died before 24 April 1916. * Served in the South Staffordshire Regiment during WW1 & may have been in the regular Army...
  15. L

Sadkie Family

Mike, Thanks very much once again for your help.
  16. L

Sadkie Family

Mike, Thanks for that, very interesting. The 1891 & 1911 censuses indicate that the family trade was that of tailors so that would fit in with Benjamin at County Chambers, Corporation Street. Presumably the shop at 85 Holloway Head sold clothing. Do you know if County Chambers in...
  17. L

Sadkie Family

Shera, Thanks for your reply. If anyone else can help further, much appreciated.
  18. L

Sadkie Family

My ancestors were the Sadkie family & I wonder whether anyone has any connection with them or knows anything about them? The family were: Hyman Sadkie, born about 1854 in Russian Poland.* Rosa Sadkie (nee Grachow), born about 1853, also in Russian Poland (his wife, they were married in about...
  19. L

St Mary's Handsworth Look Ups

Thanks Leslam. If anyone else can help in the meantime, that would be helpful as well.
  20. L

St Mary's Handsworth Look Ups

Does anyone have access to the registers of St Mary's Handsworth so that they could give me full details of the marriage entry referred to above please? I believe they are my great great grandparents. Thanks in anticipation.
Back