• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. B

Brummie sayings & language

I didn't realise that anything i said was odd until I moved away. No-one knew what pikelets were. I had lugs in my hair and everyone thought i must have nits. I had never heard the word plimsolls, pumps was the word for me and when I said I was popping to the Outdoor to get some crisps...
  2. B

Kings Heath

That's brilliant, thankyou. I will show that to my mum.
  3. B

Kings Heath

I am trying to track down the loaction of Mrs Smallwoods shop. My mum used to visit it often but is struffling to remember exactly where it was. My mum was living in Fairfield Road at the time. I remember I used to visit a small general grocery store in one of the side roads which sold the...
  4. B

Benacre Street

I am so pleased I have found this forum as so many threads of my family seem to have lived in Benacre Street and I had been unable to locate it.
Back