• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. izzy eckerslike

Birmingham Mint

I paid around £60 for mine but as I collect coins it was a must for me and I was amazed at the worldwide output of the mint
  2. izzy eckerslike

Birmingham Mint

--- The book is a fascinating read for sure, it might tempt you to start collecting coins ! A page example below
  3. izzy eckerslike

Free talk on the book "The Country Diary of an Elizabethan Lady" by Edith Holden.

Edwardian lady, thread title says Elizabethan o_O My wife had the book years ago, lovely illustrations in it
  4. izzy eckerslike

OLD AND NEW PHOTOGRAPHS

Here's a photo I've not seen before showing the trams in 1926
  5. izzy eckerslike

Apparent random problem with the forum

Because it doesn't affect everyone does it, it works normally for me with no problems whatsoever so it's clearly individual settings on some members PC or phone. You just discovered it's your add blocker, nuff sed :p
  6. izzy eckerslike

I guess you know you can instantly zoom in and out by holding the Cntrl key and scrolling the mouse wheel?
  7. izzy eckerslike

It's usually suggested to clear the browser cache, Press the keys [Ctrl], [Shift] and [Del]. Be sure you press all the keys at once. and then you get this page where you can select to clear data, for time range select 7 days or maybe 4 weeks
  8. izzy eckerslike

Birmingham market tokens

Another one which has a hole punched for some reason
  9. izzy eckerslike

Birmingham market tokens

number 5
  10. izzy eckerslike

Birmingham market tokens

number 4
  11. izzy eckerslike

Birmingham market tokens

number 3
  12. izzy eckerslike

Birmingham market tokens

Number 2
  13. izzy eckerslike

Birmingham market tokens

Here we have a series of market tokens from various traders in the Birmingham wholesale markets. They were posted on a forum called Worldofcoins (the link will take you to the thread where you can view comments etc). Permission is granted to post them here. The owner would like to hear from...
  14. izzy eckerslike

Computer Security.

My wife joined the local lunchtime WI in 1983 when we had our first child, it was probably an experiment to attract new members as most groups meet in the evening. All the women had babies or toddlers with them or were pregnant o_O she has remained close friends with several of them after all...
  15. izzy eckerslike

Computer Security.

My wife had a strange one from a WI lady who my wife knows very well, she was asking if we could buy an ipad for her off Amazon and send it to her son and she would repay my wife at the next WI meeting as she doesn't have an Amazon account herself. My wife thought it very strange that she would...
  16. izzy eckerslike

The Black Horse Northfield

A fantastic building to look at and it's so big as well, according to the article they never let out rooms upstairs either so it was never a proper hostelry so what did they do with all those rooms upstairs?. A mile back along the Bristol Rd towards Longbridge is another grade 2 listed pub...
  17. izzy eckerslike

Birmingham water department token

Does anyone know anything about a token like this? 1 and a 1/2 pence and made of some kind of plastic, what would it be used for?
  18. izzy eckerslike

The Ackerdocks

I've only just cottoned on your talking about the aqueduct :D
  19. izzy eckerslike

Birmingham Mint

I have a rare book, "A Numismatic History of the Birmingham mint" it shows photo's of all the coins made by Heatons mint for countries all over the world., Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, India, Mombasa, China, European, African and South American countries, the list goes on to cover just about...
Back